England can we do it

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mitch2k9

England can we do it

Post by mitch2k9 »

the only thing that worries me is the backs in our team can they match the aussies,our forwards are the best in the world we prove that year in/out.its the backs are they big enough when you look at the aussies and kiwis they are huge in the backs.it would be nice to see some size there imo. :exc:
ian b

Re: England can we do it

Post by ian b »

mitch2k9 wrote:the only thing that worries me is the backs in our team can they match the aussies,our forwards are the best in the world we prove that year in/out.its the backs are they big enough when you look at the aussies and kiwis they are huge in the backs.it would be nice to see some size there imo. :exc:
i reckon the aussie forwards are better than ours
mitch2k9

Post by mitch2k9 »

peacock/morley/graham/carvell/crabtree/these boys can match any body in the game. it's our backs mate where we are light.poor selection again mate but you can really blame the Rfl for that for letting to many over seas players in to the game.maybe over the next few years when all the restrictions on over seas players kick in and our youth gets a chance then we will have the backs we need.Ithink i would of taken senior for another season paired with gleeson or even yeamon imo :exc:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Please do not tell me Carvell can match it, he couldnt even do the welsh last week,

we will do nothing with Smiths inept selections
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

CAN WE DO IT??

After watching the England V France game last night i can say a big NO.

:( :(
WIGAN TILL I DIE

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

The French made us look ordinary in the first half.(God help us) next week.My match tickets just dropped through the letter box.Hope I am proven wrong.And I was one of those people bigging us up.The only three forwards that can take it to the Aussies are Graham,Peacock,and Crabtree.Have not rated Morley of late.Although I know that on his day he can rattle a few bones.Pleased that Myler scored his two tries.But I need some convincing on yesterdays outing. :D
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

mitch2k9 wrote:peacock/morley/graham/carvell/crabtree/these boys can match any body in the game. it's our backs mate where we are light.poor selection again mate but you can really blame the Rfl for that for letting to many over seas players in to the game.maybe over the next few years when all the restrictions on over seas players kick in and our youth gets a chance then we will have the backs we need.Ithink i would of taken senior for another season paired with gleeson or even yeamon imo :exc:
What about the playmakers in the pack?Moore,Roby,Sinfield are just not good enough.Yes Morley,Peacock and the rest are sound but we are totally lacking in the pivotal positions both in the forwards and backs.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I was also disappointed with Grahams performance,I think he's done a "Fielden" his "get-up & go has got-up & went".
Instead of concentrating on making hard yards he's trying inside passes all the time.
mitch2k9

Post by mitch2k9 »

got to say we were poor no go forward no play makers oh dear what will the aussies do to us next week.myler scored two tries but he's no play maker and i agree about graham no conviction in his drives,but once again you can point the finger at poor selection by the coach his judgment is clouded through being a club coach he said he would pick players on merrit and build for the future.lee smith/union/myler,brisco missed most of the season :exc: :exc:
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I noticed on teletext that Smith (coach) states that this England team will take some time to gel as it has only just been put together!!! In that case, why didnt he have the same team playing in the so-called warm up games? Im pretty sure he knew or had a really good idea which players he was going to have in his team, that way we wouldnt have to wait for the Tri nations to be upon us and still have a team that hasnt bonded??!!! I sincerely hope they dont, but I can see the aussies putting 60 or 70 pts past us!!!

Matt :(