Last nights game

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Webby1971

Last nights game

Post by Webby1971 »

I'm not proud of this but did anyone else like me find a part of them wanting the French to win last night? That was until they showed Bobby Goulding and then I soon snapped out of it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Last nights game

Post by Mike »

I wanted the frenchies to win too. Its good for the game. When they become a credible opposition with a good chance of winning whenever they play, then I will support England again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
BriH

Post by BriH »

Crap.

If the French hadn't been their own worst enemies they would have beaten England.

Can't wait to see what the Aussies and the NZ are like.

How many at the DW next week do you think?
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

NO. I am English and support our national team no matter how poor we are( which we were very poor over last two week). I will be there at the DW next saturday hoping for a win against the Aussies, even though it is highly unlikely.
If as Wigan fans we had the same attitude to our team then there would not have been receiving much support over the last few years
jobo

Post by jobo »

Agree, especially as Sam wasn't even in the squad. Can in a way understand Smiths thinking about this, prefering to go with a known stand off in Maguire, rather than Tompkins but I think he is mistaken. Maguire, good as he is, has been tried and failed at international level against both the Aussies and Kiwis mainly because his play is too one dimensional and predictable. Thought last night that Tomas Bosc was far better at stand off for the French than Maguire was for us.

The only good thing from Englands point of view is the emergence of Eastmond/Myler/Tompkins/Briscoe/Burgess.

Noticed owd Ferriol and Bale have learned a few tricks from Goulding, drop on a defenceless player with your elbow, and stiff arm the smallest player on the pitch.

Apart from that, the French showed passion, flair and great defence in the first half, just a lack of strength in depth that cost them.

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i hoped France would win for a bit aswell just for not playing Sam Tomkins
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Always england rl. I watched the first 2 minutes but realised it would be a boring game and i would get nothing from it mentally that would please me.

I therefore went to bed and had quite a great dream come to think of it.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I really can't believe some of the post's on here ,especially by Mike."i hoped France would win for the good of game?"Will he still feel the same at the next Wigan v Celtics game? I hope Wigan lose for the good of the game ?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

platt-warrior wrote:I really can't believe some of the post's on here ,especially by Mike."i hoped France would win for the good of game?"Will he still feel the same at the next Wigan v Celtics game? I hope Wigan lose for the good of the game ?
we did lose :D
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian b

Post by ian b »

we were crap end of