Last nights game

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
R Douglas

Re: Last nights game

Post by R Douglas »

I feel really let down that as a kid I got on a bus and went to Old Trafford with 50,000 others to watch Joe Lydon score 60 yard tries off Tony Myler/Andy Goodway link play, against Aus. I now have to pay £20 plus a booking fee to sit in the South Stand, with 15,000 in the DW (if lucky), to see, well I'm not too sure that Sinfeld/Myler will link anything up with Shenton and Briscoe. The international game appears to have gone back decades, and I'm pretty sure it's the lack of quality in this country that's caused it.

Last night was a fantastic game of intense and surprisingly good quality rugby from 2 teams that have just jetted around the globe, without a single Goodway, Hanley, Gregory (Mike or Andy!?), Myler (not Ritchie!), Edwards, Drummond, Ward or Schofield, how the hell will even compete with them.

Even more worrying, we used to rough them up a bit . . . but apart from an aging Morley, who's going to scare these men! Smith's managed to put together a Team that aren't even agressive enough to compete with them, let alone good enough.

I fell really deflated, and am not too sure if it's a lack of patriotism or lot of common sense that's going to stop me spending hard earned cash to watch them next week!