time we had an international coach and not a club coach

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mitch2k9

time we had an international coach and not a club coach

Post by mitch2k9 »

this jobs too big for smith if we wanted a juggler the rfl should of gone to the circus.the rfl should spend some money and have one good international coach who is committed to england and not worried about his club comittments.rfl get your act together :(
over the hill

Re: time we had an international coach and not a club coach

Post by over the hill »

nobby was told his gb/england contract would not be renewed because they wanted someone in the post full time.eighteen months later smith takes the wire job but remains in charge of england.another shambles from the rfl :angry:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Agree totally. Smith was greedy for money, well perhaps not greedy just taken the opportunity to get 2 pay cheques. a stand alone coach would benefit us... during the season they can go grass roots, amateurs, lower leagues watching games at super league etc, Smith can't as such due to wolves commitments.

we would benefit.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Makes no difference who the coach is,he can not make great players out of the ones we have got.I am not saying i rate Smith but he can only do his best with a squad of second rate players.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I think SAM as been the victim of a club coach managing an England team. Smith is baised towards Wire players and future Wire players.

If so say that is crap then here is the Evidence:

1. Why would you drop a player after scoring a Hat Trick the game before and leave in a player that did nothing in that wales game (Myler)

2. Why would you call Chris Bridge up into the England team over Leon Pryce? They can play the same posistion and even though Leon plays for saints he is far better then Chris Bridge who plays for who???? o yeah Wire! By playing his club player at this level they will improve and who will get the rewards Wire!

Another Tony Smith blunder why play Lee Smith??? He is going to Wasp. I thought his team selection was about the future and developing players for the World cup in 2013. So why play Lee Smith.

As you can tell from my post I don't Like Tony Smith as an England Coach. But I will be there on Sat to watch the game, I just hope Sam is playing.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Agree with you Wiggy
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Inclined to agree with mi dad who reckons Sam is better off out of it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gpartin wrote:Inclined to agree with mi dad who reckons Sam is better off out of it.
Me too.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Disagree it's every pro player's dream to play for his country v the Aussies.If he get's his chance should take it with both hands.He wont let anyone down.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

mitch2k9 wrote:this jobs too big for smith if we wanted a juggler the rfl should of gone to the circus.the rfl should spend some money and have one good international coach who is committed to england and not worried about his club comittments.rfl get your act together :(
Out of interest, why do you think the national coaching role should be full-time? The coach has limited access to players during the superleague season, a mismatched French game mid-season and then 3-4 internationals at the end of the season. What exactly would the coach fill his time doing?

I can understand why Smith wanted a club role again - he was probably bored sh*tless twiddling his thumbs.