time we had an international coach and not a club coach

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: time we had an international coach and not a club coach

Post by Panchitta Marra »

platt-warrior wrote:I believe they do Pan but they still need to learn the calls need motivating etc.
Your dealing with the best RL players your country has to offer so it could be argued these players be it GB or OZZ
or NZ dont need coaching in the true sense of the word.
I am convinced the GB coach should be the best available
but why full time,not needed in my opinion.
I know where your coming from PW, there is a big difference between being full time and fully dedicated, hence the best available man for the job should be chosen.
I am not convinced that Tony Smith is the right man here, as he has a conflict of interest which he regularily appears to go with in initial squad selection.
I dont know if it is the old pals act, but there was sufficient evidence on display in the Wales & France match to suggest that Danny McGuire was not the best choice at Stand off.
Yet he stuck with him for the Aussie game, and he was appaling.
Its maybe only the fans booing of McGuire in the Aussie game which has made Smith change his mind to picking Kyle Eastmond & Sam T against the Kiwi's.
In the New Zealand game, our forwards must dominate posession, or we are onto another hiding.
Beyond the two halves, our back line is very weak IMO.
platt-warrior

Re: time we had an international coach and not a club coach

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree 100% :)