Thread Blocking is wrong!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Thread Blocking is wrong!

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Thread Blocked

Just noticed the thread on Fielden blocked just because it has been said and agreed by one person that this topic has been done to death lets put it.

In my opinion this thread should not be blocked or any other just because someone thinks he has the right to block it…. If you don’t want to talk about a topic then don’t, but you are totally wrong to block any posting just because you feel it has been talked about to much and you have the power to press a button… Would you block a posting that keeps praising a player..... I think not

So gpartin leave things alone please.

Totally wrong.

gpartin

Re: Thread Blocking is wrong!

Post by gpartin »

There's already a thread on Fielden, the new thread was already covered with that thread and the board is getting cluttered/ people are getting annoyed by it. Thats why I put a swift end to the Fielden thread, it was possibly a little premature but imo the thread was going downhill fast.

If any mod doesn't agree with me on this they are free to unblock it but I'm sticking with my decision.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

gpartin wrote:There's already a thread on Fielden, the new thread was already covered with that thread and the board is getting cluttered/ people are getting annoyed by it. Thats why I put a swift end to the Fielden thread, it was possibly a little premature but imo the thread was going downhill fast.

If any mod doesn't agree with me on this they are free to unblock it but I'm sticking with my decision.
The board was getting cluttered you state.... how is 2 pages on a forum that only seems to have at most 3 pages at any time being cluttered. I would suggest that the reason was more down the lines of its topic, to say the board is cluttered is very weak.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think most people are able to guess my views on Stuart Fielden by now.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

gpartin wrote:I think most people are able to guess my views on Stuart Fielden by now.

board is getting cluttered/ people are getting annoyed by it. Thats why I put a swift end to the Fielden thread

well the question was asked but not answered.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The reason some people are refusing to post on this site is because there are hundreds of repeat threads.

Fielden is crap, no he's not, yes he is blah blah blah pointless to have the same discussion your already having in another thread end of. I know there are people who agree with me and I have given the other mods the freedom to unblock it if they want.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think what makes it worse is posters posting that it is boring, eg, Bewtun warrior who is kind of a repeat offender when it comes to this topic... I have yet to see a post in the last 6 months where he says anything different.

IMO the fielden topic was by a new poster and not 'rumour' based so was fine, but hey ho.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:I think what makes it worse is posters posting that it is boring, eg, Bewtun warrior who is kind of a repeat offender when it comes to this topic... I have yet to see a post in the last 6 months where he says anything different.

IMO the fielden topic was by a new poster and not 'rumour' based so was fine, but hey ho.
The original point may well have been but the answers to topics along the lines of Fielden is crap are always going to be yes he is, send him to Celtic (as with many of the posts on the existing thread), or lets see how he goes under a new coach. All of these points were on the thread along with the posts along the lines of this thread is dull. At which point I believe there is nowhere else for the thread to go and given recent feedback from many posters on this site I think it needs cleaning up and threads need to be kept on topic (I have been as guilty as anyone in the past I admit, but surely we want to take the forum forward)

I do not object to anyone criticising my decision to do anything, its a free world but when someone incorrectly assumes my reasons for doing so despite my explanation it can be a little irritating. Anyone is still able to give their view on Stuart Fielden in reaction to a rumour that he is going to Celtic. eg I hope he is going to Celtic because blah blah blah but I don't believe the rumour or whatever.

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

ancientnloyal wrote:I think what makes it worse is posters posting that it is boring, eg, Bewtun warrior who is kind of a repeat offender when it comes to this topic... I have yet to see a post in the last 6 months where he says anything different.

Get overyourself turning another tread into a personal matter. You'll not have seen me write much else cos i dont post thanks to people like you.

But i read daily and as far as i know i'm free to do so. And therefore am entitled to give my opinion that a thread is boring or repetitive in terms of it being discussed in another existing thread
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Here we go , hurry up and block it!!!!!!!