BBC might axe Challenge Cup final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
white elephant

BBC might axe Challenge Cup final

Post by white elephant »

WIGAN TILL I DIE

eccywarrior

Re: BBC might axe Challenge Cup final

Post by eccywarrior »

hope so as bbc dont care about rugby league. they only shown 4 nations game because they cant show ra ra games
IN WANE WE TRUST
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fixed your link but it doesn't appear to be working :conf:

Is this the correct address?

http://www.thedailydust.co.uk/2009/11/1 ... strial-tv/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

eccywarrior wrote:hope so as bbc dont care about rugby league. they only shown 4 nations game because they cant show ra ra games
Thats true, and they never advertised the England v Australia game like they do union :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

josie andrews wrote:Fixed your link but it doesn't appear to be working :conf:

Is this the correct address?

http://www.thedailydust.co.uk/2009/11/1 ... strial-tv/
Sorted it there was a space after the last bit on your edit :wink:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

BBC don't give two hoots about Rugby League.How many times are we mentioned in the news?Anyhow I can't stand the toffee nosed Claire bloody Balding.She should stick to what she knows something about.And that is Horse racing.Sky may well have a strangle hold on the crown jewels of sport,but at least they give good coverage. :D
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

It's certainly the case that the BBC haven't been Rugby League's greatest friend. We can all remember the Eddie Waring years and the immense damage it did to our image. However, the risk for the game is that if the BBC don't have to show it, and Dickie Davis's idea is that it's no longer one of sport's "Crown Jewels", then who will?
Sky have been very good for Rugby League and I wish them no ill will at all, but a monopoly is risky. At least one or two games on the Beeb, or even ITV would give some national coverage.
We should never lose sight of the value of advertising, and good TV coverage is good advertising. After all if you can sell rubbish like Coca Cola and MacDonalds, then you can sell anything.
Currently the RL cup should is a "Crown Jewel" and we should all support moves to keep it that way.
Stevethegas
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

wouldnt be suprised if espn try get it.
IN WANE WE TRUST
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The government department running this deselection is ran by none other than Andy Burnham MP - Leigh.

I think a petition is in order.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:The government department running this deselection is ran by none other than Andy Burnham MP - Leigh.

I think a petition is in order.
Its only a recommendation to that department by an independent body though is it not. The Rugby League MP's were very vocal last time the list was being banded about and I believe they will be now.

The comment by Kooch on Claire Baldwin is harsh in my opinion. We complain that BBC aren't interested in Rugby League then when they get a presenter who is passionate about it she gets criticised. I personally think she does a great job and knows her onions and the fact she is a well known face is a good thing.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."