MIKE???? and other controllers

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
dragonlady

MIKE???? and other controllers

Post by dragonlady »

hi better not to upset anyone any comments could upset someone!so probably not say anything in future one does not want to rock the boat! cheers
After friday s debarcle something is sadly wrong at the jjb.And if brian noble does not then perhap Joe Lydon could ???Something has to done and SOON.Some one is responsable for this mess.Could it have anything to do with trent is leaving and one of our best players higham has been told he is goingto.BUT we are keeping Fieldon who had one game worth paying.THEN we are the ONLYteam in super league that has a player who does 10 mins.each half .So i think those issues do not helpdoes anyone have views on this matter?
Panchitta Marra

Re: MIKE???? and other controllers

Post by Panchitta Marra »

dragonlady wrote:hi better not to upset anyone any comments could upset someone!so probably not say anything in future one does not want to rock the boat! cheers
Off Topic is Off Topic,
Plus there are genuine Spurs supporters on this site. :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
dragonlady wrote:hi better not to upset anyone any comments could upset someone!so probably not say anything in future one does not want to rock the boat! cheers
Off Topic is Off Topic,
Plus there are genuine Spurs supporters on this site. :)
And Arsenal. And Liverpool. And Man U. And Chelsea. And Everton. And Bolton. And Blackburn. And Newcastle.

Presumably we can discuss the 'Top Four' to our hearts content, but Heaven Forfend we should upset a supporter of Wigan Nil FC!!!! :angry: :angry:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The club once had its own message board. Latics fans killed it. I am sure you would agree KW that antagonising Wigan Athletic supporters is more likely to create problems than other teams. Unlike many I take no pleasure from seeing our town humiliated at any sport.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:The club once had its own message board. Latics fans killed it. I am sure you would agree KW that antagonising Wigan Athletic supporters is more likely to create problems than other teams. Unlike many I take no pleasure from seeing our town humiliated at any sport.
I wasn't aware of that, but it doesn't surprise me. I suppose in a town this size with two 'successful' sporting teams, divided loyalties are inevitable.

Personally, I wish the blues no harm and I am sure even the most die-hard RL Supporter must have basked vicariously in their success 5 years ago!

Many of my friends are Latics supporters, indeed many support both codes. My only gripe was the stick we seemed to endure for supporting the 'minority' sport.

Maybe we will get some peace now though!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was actually a good MB KW. Nitsua who rarely posts these days was a regular poster. Unfortunately, some Latics trolls kept hijacking the forum culminating in one posting a photo of a parrot perching on a penis and that saw the site killed as the WEP ran a story about it.

I hate the way Latics fans attacked RL / Wigan RL when they had little or nothing to crow about. The Fanzine Cockney Latic promoted that hatred. Not easy but I just think we should not resort to that level.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cpwigan wrote:It was actually a good MB KW. Nitsua who rarely posts these days was a regular poster. Unfortunately, some Latics trolls kept hijacking the forum culminating in one posting a photo of a parrot perching on a penis and that saw the site killed as the WEP ran a story about it.

I hate the way Latics fans attacked RL / Wigan RL when they had little or nothing to crow about. The Fanzine Cockney Latic promoted that hatred. Not easy but I just think we should not resort to that level.
I agree entirely. Although, with the amount of hatred and animosity shown towards the RL club, it's hard not to feel a sense of satisfaction when they get results like that.
Having said that, I wouldn't go on a message board or Facebook etc and crow about it. That just brings us down to their level (some of them, anyway). I'm a proud Wiganer and take satisfaction in the Latics doing ok, but at the same time, I don't lose any sleep if things don't go their way.
Maybe it's born out of an intense dislike for the self righteous prat that is DW, being in charge of them, and the way he has done things to our club.
Did you hear him the other day, he was actually blaming Steve Bruce for Latics losing to Spurs!! Last season, Bruce was the best thing since sliced bread (according to DW). The sooner he "goes" the better for everyone, what with his stranglehold that he has on parts of the town.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It's odd, maybe there are fewer stars but when I was growing up, the local press promoted all things Wigan far more. You used to get news snippets about the Wigan Wasps, Harriers etc.

I am like Sutty, I want anything Wigan to do well. I cringe at Wigan Athletic being a joke when they get the lowest crowds (despite giving umpteen tickets away) and losing by a huge total. I would not lose sleep but I would also not mock it as IMO it damages the reputation of Wigan as a town which gets mocked enough already.

Sadly when the football club was at its lowest ebb pre Whelan and they could not give the club away it bred a generation of football fans whose attitude towards Wigan RLFC and all things Wigan is vile, ludicrous and ultimately counter productive as they alienate potential spectators.

Sad really but as Sutty says we do not need to resort to their level.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

Well i do enjoy latics losing, mainly as they are a rival of bolton and also they are near us in the league and them winning will mean bolton are more likely to struggle. so 9-1 was a great result for me :lol:
ellery 4 coach

Post by ellery 4 coach »

9 1 a fantastic result made my day cant wait for them to start there free fall the three amigos started it looks like 1 of them going to finish it viva espania