what state rugby union ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
stevethegas

Re: what state rugby union ?

Post by stevethegas »

Following the debate above I came across this little article which will warm the hearts of every true League fan - enjoy

http://www.plover.net/~bonds/rugby.html

Fixed your link Steve - Josie
Stevethegas
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

stevethegas wrote:Following the debate above I came across this little article which will warm the hearts of every true League fan - enjoy

www.plover.net/~bonds/rugby.html

Fixed your link Steve - Josie
I get a 404 error :conf:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just delete half of the url in the bar (the wiganwarriorsfans.com bit) should work.

When I was at Uni I was appauled at how many southerners were bumming Union. I went to Lancaster, a place where even Wigan rugby have trained a few times, and League was not on the radar... we had a rugby team but there were no posters, clubs etc... just an info sheet of A4 saying 'training saturday 9am, duck pond'

I was disgusted... so... I went out of my way to make a t-shirt and wear it as often as I could around campus. I must add, the image contains stereotypes and swearing, that some may find unsatisfactory... other will find amusing.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Thanks Josie.
The article made me smile and I imagine it will for other readers.

On the same theme I've invited some friends to join me at Wigan. Sadly they tend to support the dark side, but I've promised them more excitement in 10 minutes at the DW than the whole of the 6 nations so far! Sadly for the full effect I'm not actually a coal miner's son, but why worry about small technical details like that.
Stevethegas
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I hate Union with a passion, these narrow minded toffee nosed dik heads who's only arguement is....

"League is too stop-start"

No pal, that's because all you're looking at is the tackle and the wrestle on the ground, not a single one of your lardy barge arsed forwards could get back ten metres and still have their line speed at the same speed as it is in the first minute to the 80th minute. I do not watch the 6 nations at all unless i didn't get a very good sleep the night before and i need something to help me drift off. What's that fellas name who they think might be going to the Crusaders, Gareth Thomas is it? He wouldn't last 2 seconds, he would try and run across the pitch and would probably be shouting 'Come on race me to the touch line boys!' that's all Union is, a race to the touch line and a few fat forwards picking the ball up and then falling on top of it 2 metres ahead.

I'm sorry but Union is the cackest sport in the world, if it wasn't for the money getting pumped into it by the toffee nosed southerners it wouldn't have lasted this long and Jeremy Guscott can go and suck the fat one.
Up The Mont!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I was sat at home watching the replay of Warrington Wigan with some extended family including my Father in Law, who is a staunch Rah Rah. Also there was my sister in Law who asked, "Is this League or Union?"

"League" I replied

"And League's better?" she asked.

"Well that's very much a matter of opinion." I replied, "I'd say it was."

She then said, "I think I like this one more 'cos it doesn't keep stopping all the time."

My Father in Law sat very quietly......... I could have kissed her!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
ian b

Post by ian b »

Kiwiseddon wrote: I was sat at home watching the replay of Warrington Wigan with some extended family including my Father in Law, who is a staunch Rah Rah. Also there was my sister in Law who asked, "Is this League or Union?"

"League" I replied

"And League's better?" she asked.

"Well that's very much a matter of opinion." I replied, "I'd say it was."

She then said, "I think I like this one more 'cos it doesn't keep stopping all the time."

My Father in Law sat very quietly......... I could have kissed her!
brilliant :D
ian b

Post by ian b »

ancientnloyal wrote:Just delete half of the url in the bar (the wiganwarriorsfans.com bit) should work.

When I was at Uni I was appauled at how many southerners were bumming Union. I went to Lancaster, a place where even Wigan rugby have trained a few times, and League was not on the radar... we had a rugby team but there were no posters, clubs etc... just an info sheet of A4 saying 'training saturday 9am, duck pond'

I was disgusted... so... I went out of my way to make a t-shirt and wear it as often as I could around campus. I must add, the image contains stereotypes and swearing, that some may find unsatisfactory... other will find amusing.

get me one of those shirts they are brilliant