Our pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thomo

Our pack

Post by thomo »

I know I have gone on for a long time about this but still feel we are lacking some reals size and power in the forwards
Not the biggest of front rowers
A very fit and mobile back/second row but again no real size in there or impact with Hock gone
To me Mossop has to be in the 17 as a back rower - he offers some size and power

We need to use the 17 - which is four props playing a total of 40 minutes each and four back rowers playing a total of 240 minutes between them - 60 minutes each - or keep Lockers on and look for 50 minutes from the other three

It doesn't matter who we have in the halves/backs if the go forward and platform is not there.

butt monkey

Re: Our pack

Post by butt monkey »

Wouldn't this all depend on how our new coach wants Wigan to play now?

If we still had Nobby with his forward obsessed gameplan - then I agree.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Marc Bitcom has a reputation of bulking up forwards aka the Scottish RU side if they have bulk and mobility and coached to their potential I do not see any problem with the pack.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote:Marc Bitcom has a reputation of bulking up forwards aka the Scottish RU side if they have bulk and mobility and coached to their potential I do not see any problem with the pack.
Me neither Jaws :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:
jaws1 wrote:Marc Bitcom has a reputation of bulking up forwards aka the Scottish RU side if they have bulk and mobility and coached to their potential I do not see any problem with the pack.
I agree, let's see what the new coaching/fitness team have done before we tell them how to do it.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
I agree, let's see what the new coaching/fitness team have done before we tell them how to do it.
:lol: :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

thomo wrote:I know I have gone on for a long time about this but still feel we are lacking some reals size and power in the forwards
Not the biggest of front rowers
A very fit and mobile back/second row but again no real size in there or impact with Hock gone
To me Mossop has to be in the 17 as a back rower - he offers some size and power

We need to use the 17 - which is four props playing a total of 40 minutes each and four back rowers playing a total of 240 minutes between them - 60 minutes each - or keep Lockers on and look for 50 minutes from the other three

It doesn't matter who we have in the halves/backs if the go forward and platform is not there.
I would love to see how a fit and committed Karl Pryce would go in the 2nd row. I'm just not sure if he has the agility to play out wide anymore and playing him in the backrow could be the best chance of using his size.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Fielden useless,Prescott,Coley average,OCarroll not big enough,Fekka unfit, Hansen not good enough.That was what was wrong with our pack last season and apart from the fitness aspect of Fekka i can see little chance of improvement.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

old hooker wrote:Fielden useless,Prescott,Coley average,OCarroll not big enough,Fekka unfit, Hansen not good enough.That was what was wrong with our pack last season and apart from the fitness aspect of Fekka i can see little chance of improvement.
so basically what you're saying is 'we're doomed'
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

gpartin wrote:
old hooker wrote:Fielden useless,Prescott,Coley average,OCarroll not big enough,Fekka unfit, Hansen not good enough.That was what was wrong with our pack last season and apart from the fitness aspect of Fekka i can see little chance of improvement.
so basically what you're saying is 'we're doomed'
:lol: