Davico out for 6 months

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Davico out for 6 months

Post by Mike »

Our new signing Luke Davico's season is over because of a torn pectoral muscle, which will keep him out for 6 months.

Not good news as he could miss pre-season training. Also the article repeated describes him as a "veteran prop", which doesn't sound good to me.

See http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/ ... click=true
for full details.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
dancer

Re: Davico out for 6 months

Post by dancer »

At 31 most players are refered to as veterans, 6 month will take him through until jan-feb, he will still get a small off season, and at 31 hes 2 years younger than Craig Smith and Terry O'connor, so I dont see any problem.
Wight Pie

Re: Davico out for 6 month...

Post by Wight Pie »

As good a reason as any to offer Smith a new deal though... as if the fact he's been the best prop in SL this season isn't enough!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Perhaps Smithy wants to go back to New Zealand?

It isn't really good news that half of our signings for next season are out with long term injuries! The older players tend to take a little longer to recover and question how close to the end of their career they are.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wight Pie, too true, come on Maurice, come to your senses, admit your trip to Oz was a let down and we have not signed anyone who was on your A list.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

He won't admit that. Uncle Mo is never wrong! Just ask him!
I do think Vaialiki will be a good signing, but I'm reserving judgement on the others.
Worrying about Davico, but it doesn't sound like a career threatening injury, and I would assume there'd be some sort of fitness clause included in his contract.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Have Wigan signed Davico too? There you go i didn't even know that. Not sure if his injury will have an affect on him but he's a tough player. He's become more recognised lately but was one of those players who isn't all that talked about but anyone who runs into him really knows about him. I would say he's a pretty good signing.

As for the veteran prop thing, we have so many talented youngsters in the NRL who are between 17 and 21 years of age that i think everyone over about 25 starts to get called a veteran even if they are in their best years of footy.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

Thanks for the reassurance Vaealikis Girl. It's good to have info from Aus.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Yeah. Bit scary about all those talented youngsters, though, from a GB point of view.
Davico will need to be good to follow Craig smith!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Vaealikis girl, what are you doing up so early or is it late?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.