Most improved player 2010

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Most improved player 2010

Post by jobo »

Mystic Meg time.

Come June 2010, who do you think will be the most improved player, compared with 2009 ?

I'm sticking my neck out and saying Fielden (injuries apart).

What do you think?
cpwigan

Re: Most improved player 2010

Post by cpwigan »

I have high hopes for Lee Mossop. I am also interested to see how Daz Goulding goes. He has been far too readily written off by some fans. Love to see Liam Farrell get some game time under his belt.

Hope Sam T continues to improve and improve.

Fielden, Piggy, Roberts are all players who it is vital we see improve.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Either Phelps too make the No1 shirt his in the eyes of the fans (some still don't reckon he's good enough) or Ainscough, given the chance Nobby denied him.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Hope to see an improvement across the whole team.
Sam T will have a target on him even more so this season than last. Coaches will have looked at his game, but hopefully so will ours. The player who I want to really kick on his Sams big brother. Joel as all the makings of a very good player. He has had a couple of seasons now and has shown in a big game he can break the line with a special play. On a down side he can drop the odd ball, although as an impact ball handling forward he always will, I would like to see him pick his moments better and to be utilised better.
We need to see the three players CP picked out stand up and earn the money, You should not be able to put three young players with little game time between them in the first team without losing a little! but when we had Ainsough, Mossop and Mcolorum did more they often looked better.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Cameron, Feka and Fielden I hope!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think Mossop will develop along the lines of Hansen and Joel T... not majorly but gradually and for 2011 will be knocking on the door for a regular 17 place.

My hopes are for Ainscough, IMO we have seen what he can do and to improve defensively is a must - which will inevitably happen. Just hope MM gives a chance when either Roberts or Richards (or phelps shifting richards back to #1) fails to deliver. Can't afford to let Ainscough move clubs for first team games. Im sure he will be better.

Other than that, OCarroll and Fielden
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I'm going to say Darrell Goulding, completely miss managed under Noble. A loan to Salford gave him some confidence back but got injured on his return to Wigan.

Was considered one of the best young players in the country a few season ago and under Maguire I think he will be able to reach his potential given a chance.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

if Feka keeps the weight loss and builds up muscle then he could be the best super league prop of 2010. he has the talent and desire but his weight and game time stopped him reaching his heights. but i think the best academy player of the year could be Stefan Marsh or Josh Charnley. i think Josh has the right resources do be at Sammy T's level this time next year and i have been really impressed by Stefan Marsh in 2009 and if Carmont or Glessen got injured then Marsh could push Goulding all the way for the spot and make it his own
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Riddell or Phelps will do for me
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

i think phelps will be the best full back in the SL this year!!!!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE