New rules for 2010

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
white elephant

New rules for 2010

Post by white elephant »

Referees will deem a tackle complete when one of the ball-carrier’s legs is lifted by the defending team - previously both legs had to be off the ground.

The League have outlawed the growing practise of defenders dragging players into touch or back towards their own in-goal area.

“We want to encourage players to complete the tackle as quickly as possible,” said RFL director of match officials Stuart Cummings.

www.superleague.co.uk
WIGAN TILL I DIE

exile in Tiger country

Re: New rules for 2010

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Another change for the sake of it IMO. If a player is being driven backwards/towards touch, then allow the defence to do their job. This will just cause confusion
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Yet more stupid rules from the RFL. If you want to encourage players to complete tackles quickly then why not just play tick-and-pass.

Allowing players to be dragged into touch rewards good defense and gives a big boost to the team and fans.
exile in Tiger country

They have probably heard that Wigan would be good at this and have acted to stop it.

Or am I just a bit paranoid?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
exile in Tiger country

The nutters at Red Hall seem to have to change a rule at the start of each season, it gives them something to talk about.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

MrDave wrote:Yet more stupid rules from the RFL. If you want to encourage players to complete tackles quickly then why not just play tick-and-pass.

Allowing players to be dragged into touch rewards good defense and gives a big boost to the team and fans.
Another thing Yawnion picked up from League was when a player was dragged into tough they would group huddle and pat each other on the back. Amazing what steriotype training can do in a sport.
Union created the tight fitting shirts, the sin bin and now group hugging after good play. This is on top of making superstars out on no chancers like Jason Robinson and Chris Ashton.
Some sport this Rugby Union.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Although this happened against Wire and the ref didn't give us a penalty, he gave Wire a scrum. This sort of stuff just leaves more room for confusion. Before it was pretty clear thwn eth etacklers lifted a player completely off the floor and carried him out. Now one foot off the floor equals a penalty. I'd recommend players being dragged out to lift a leg adn claim their penalty, then the refs will have to judge "intentional" or "unintentional" lifing... :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

white elephant wrote: Referees will deem a tackle complete when one of the ball-carrier’s legs is lifted by the defending team - previously both legs had to be off the ground.

The League have outlawed the growing practise of defenders dragging players into touch or back towards their own in-goal area.

“We want to encourage players to complete the tackle as quickly as possible,” said RFL director of match officials Stuart Cummings.

www.superleague.co.uk
Really, no one told Thierry Alibert that last night when Pat got carried into touch with neither foot on the ground...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

PM you forgot to mention 'Television Match Officials' :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."