Sean O'Loughlin is not a good captain!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior1973

Sean O'Loughlin is not a good captain!!!!!

Post by warrior1973 »

Having watched and supported Wigan for over 30 years ive seen many captains come and go within our club. Many have been good captains and many not so good. All have had their own style of captaincy and all did their best to get the best out of the team they were leading. Lets not forget the role of the captain...To lead his team into battle and to be the coaches eyes and ears on the pitch. Its also his role to make crucial dicissions on the spear of the moment and to interact and motivate his fellow team mates. Yes there's many MORE things in a captains role, but these are just a few that Sean O'Loughlin does not do!!!. He may do his best but the truth is his best is just not good enough. When a try in conceded your captain should be the one lifting the heads of his team mates and be the one identifying what went wrong. Under O'loughlin as captain the whole team have stood under the posts waiting for Mike Forshaw to sprint onto the pitch and rely instructions from the coach!!!. What message does this send out to young players stood at the side of O'Loughlin? The message is simple....this guy is not a good captain!!!!
cpwigan

Re: Sean O'Loughlin is not a good captain!!!!!

Post by cpwigan »

Yet oddly all his team mates and coaches say otherwise and oddly so did his school and junior amateur coaches. Go figure. They must all be wrong and you are right.

Great timing BTW. Hours before our first game of the season.
warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

Well i guess Mike McGuire agrees cause O'Loughlin isnt the club captain anymore!!!.
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

No but he is a leader !!!!!

As well as a few others! ie The Leadership team

there have been threads on this in november whats the point of this now???

CP is right!

:angry:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

white elephant

Post by white elephant »

And as a CLUB CAPTAIN goes i think you will find that 99% of the fanbase will put sean in that role!!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

warrior1973 wrote:Well i guess Mike McGuire agrees cause O'Loughlin isnt the club captain anymore!!!.
No I think you will find Lockers is still our captain he might however be joined by 4 more players in a captaincy rotation. Are you going tomorrow?

Can I just alert you to a technological revolution. Once upon a time RL clubs did not even have coaches. Then they had coaches or captain/coaches. As we moved from the dark ages some bright sparks figured you could send messages from a high vantage point to pitch side by walkie talkie and convey messages to the players. A coach called John Monie used this system with amazing regularity to instruct Ellery Hanley who was a brilliant captain. Everybody uses it now too and even pose as Winston Churchill with a v signal for 2 points. Modern coaches like players to follow their instructions not for the captain to go off on a tangent and create his own plan. Amazingly they keep telling runners to send those messages to the players. I believe it happens at every RL club. Strange thing technology.
warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

cpwigan wrote:
warrior1973 wrote:Well i guess Mike McGuire agrees cause O'Loughlin isnt the club captain anymore!!!.
No I think you will find Lockers is still our captain he might however be joined by 4 more players in a captaincy rotation. Are you going tomorrow?

Can I just alert you to a technological revolution. Once upon a time RL clubs did not even have coaches. Then they had coaches or captain/coaches. As we moved from the dark ages some bright sparks figured you could send messages from a high vantage point to pitch side by walkie talkie and convey messages to the players. A coach called John Monie used this system with amazing regularity to instruct Ellery Hanley who was a brilliant captain. Everybody uses it now too and even pose as Winston Churchill with a v signal for 2 points. Modern coaches like players to follow their instructions not for the captain to go off on a tangent and create his own plan. Amazingly they keep telling runners to send those messages to the players. I believe it happens at every RL club. Strange thing technology.
Maybe you should use this modern technology to put your dummy back into your mouth!!! lol. To even use Sean O'loghlins name in the same breath as Ellery Hanley must be coming from someone with great knowledge of the game!! haha
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

Troll !!! :angry:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

CP is right. everybody else inside the club say he is a good captian and LEADER. thats the key word this season. just because you dont see him shouting all the time during the matches it doesn't mean he doesnt have a good influence on his team mates. also like CP said strange that you slag off one of our leaders hours before the first match of 2010.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Some folk just can't help themselves. They just have to take that kick. Everybody on a high and sombody has to write up we ain't good enough before the first ball is played.
Sad, can we now expect another season where every error is pounded for all it is worth. Hope not and hope the match is on the radio,
Jim