unusual names

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Carmont is King

unusual names

Post by Carmont is King »

what is the most unusual players name you've seen or heard,i've just been on the york website and they have a player called luke HARDBOTTLE.
Sutty

Re: unusual names

Post by Sutty »

I think one of the more comical ones was Steele Retchless who used to play for London. That name was straight out of an 80's tv cop show. :lol:

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Sutty wrote:I think one of the more comical ones was Steele Retchless who used to play for London. That name was straight out of an 80's tv cop show. :lol:
I love that name, but you do have a point.
A misheard name when I was watching the NRL on SKY a few years back, my good lady asked "What was that last name?"
Braith Anasta says I.
She fell about laughing "I thought he was called Bray the Nasty"
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

york had two players in the late 80`s/early 90`s called david kettlestring and ross windshuttle :D
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

over the hill wrote:york had two players in the late 80`s/early 90`s called david kettlestring and ross windshuttle :D
Earl Crabtree still makes me laugh as does his late uncle Shirley :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

Cant remember who he played/plays for but Wayne Kerr always brings a smile to my face
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Obviously not famous but I played in a team with two brothers who were both forwards and called Neil and Ben Downey.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

pete&kaz wrote:Cant remember who he played/plays for but Wayne Kerr always brings a smile to my face
I think he plays for Oldham.

One for the Harry Potter fans, Didn't Jason Golden and Steve Snitch play for the same team at one point? possibly Hudds?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09