Starting 17

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thomo

Starting 17

Post by thomo »

How do people think we will start the first match or how should we start it:

Phelps
Richards
Carmot
Gleeson
Roberts
Deacon
Sam
Coley
Riddel
Fielden
Hanson
Joel T
Lockers

Subs
Prescott
Fela
Mossop
Tommy

In my opinion a back on the bench is a waste of a sub

what do we other think
ancientnloyal

Re: Starting 17

Post by ancientnloyal »

May as well play our reserves for this. Crusaders haven't had a pre-season game yet their only schedueled one was with Quins which was called off due to the weather. They have trained at Aston Villa's facilities for two weeks but thats about it. Im sure Leeds will show clubs who play Crusaders in the first few weeks wherethe weaknesses lie (for us to exploit in round 1).

Im sure the lineup won't have any shocks in it. The usual 17. apart from Hock of course :angry:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thomo

Post by thomo »

think deacon has to start and rotate the hookers - too many changes if tommy starts in the halves.

I am hoping mossop can do big things this year

who else isreally pushing for a place in the 17 - goulding, o;carroll. mike mc - anyone else?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Has to be our best team every time regardless of the opposition . We thought we had an easy home start last year and look what happened (Wakey & Cas ). Let get in about them and give ourselves the start we have not had for a few seasons .
2002 and EW is hooked
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Watching crusaders last night they had better not be taken lightly. Thaler handed tha game to Leeds. At least twotries should not have been given. Leeds laying on is acceptable. Sinfield was standing with a hand on the second tackler watching until his line was set then giving the signal for the tackler to get off.
At best I would give Wigan a 60/40 chance of winning.
Jim
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

highland convert wrote:Watching crusaders last night they had better not be taken lightly. Thaler handed tha game to Leeds. At least twotries should not have been given. Leeds laying on is acceptable. Sinfield was standing with a hand on the second tackler watching until his line was set then giving the signal for the tackler to get off.
At best I would give Wigan a 60/40 chance of winning.
Jim
We'll put 40 past them
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The 17 will be the 17 who faced Wire. They may start differently etc but it will be that 17.

Crusaders are poor. They played Leeds in perfect conditions for the poorer team which rendered any speed advantages non existant. It also suited a team whose only game plan was 1 out drives (not that it would have been any different had Brian Noble spent a full pre season with them. Leeds rested two of their best players, played poor for 60 minutes and still won easily. The Crusaders for obvious reasons will be the most poorly conditioned team in SL and will finish bottom of SL in 2010. Ideally we should play them 6 games or more into the season when their enthusiasm will have been killed off.

Easy win to Wigan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:The 17 will be the 17 who faced Wire. They may start differently etc but it will be that 17.

Crusaders are poor. They played Leeds in perfect conditions for the poorer team which rendered any speed advantages non existant. It also suited a team whose only game plan was 1 out drives (not that it would have been any different had Brian Noble spent a full pre season with them. Leeds rested two of their best players, played poor for 60 minutes and still won easily. The Crusaders for obvious reasons will be the most poorly conditioned team in SL and will finish bottom of SL in 2010. Ideally we should play them 6 games or more into the season when their enthusiasm will have been killed off.

Easy win to Wigan
Remember how Noble got our team up to play leeds?
I can see him doing the same against us and now they have a game under their belts.
We need to field our strongest possible team in EVERY game otherwise we will get some unpleasant surprises.
Prior to Fridays game I was predicting a massive Leeds win, I thought leeds would still win if CrusAussies were given a 65 point start.We need a good start to this season, and also I could do without a 250 mile round trip and a day off work to see the reserves play a Superleague game.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The 17 will be the 17 who faced Wire. They may start differently etc but it will be that 17.

Easy win to Wigan
Remember how Noble got our team up to play leeds?
I can see him doing the same against us and now they have a game under their belts.
We need to field our strongest possible team in EVERY game otherwise we will get some unpleasant surprises.
Prior to Fridays game I was predicting a massive Leeds win, I thought leeds would still win if CrusAussies were given a 65 point start.We need a good start to this season, and also I could do without a 250 mile round trip and a day off work to see the reserves play a Superleague game.
Yeah but Leeds were crap and the weather was crap.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

I would go exactly with that.

Deacon to start, tommy interchange hooker.

Cant wait.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE