Crusaders v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Crusaders v Leeds

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Good attendance figures, but I wonder how many paid for their admission?
I know it's all about marketing etc. but even though they gave a good account of themselves for the most part, they still got a shellacking, and newcomers need to feel the team thay are being encouraged to follow have a chance of winning something.
I can't see a Catalans style charge up the table for the Crusaders, despite the fact that they are essentially an Australian team playing in Wrexham.
The sooner they are ejected from the Superleague the better.
Lets face it the Racecourse ground doesn't meet the minimum 12,000 capacity ruling for a licence, nor for that matter does the newly built Leigh sports village.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Good attendance figures, but I wonder how many paid for their admission?
I know it's all about marketing etc. but even though they gave a good account of themselves for the most part, they still got a shellacking, and newcomers need to feel the team thay are being encouraged to follow have a chance of winning something.
I can't see a Catalans style charge up the table for the Crusaders, despite the fact that they are essentially an Australian team playing in Wrexham.
The sooner they are ejected from the Superleague the better.
Lets face it the Racecourse ground doesn't meet the minimum 12,000 capacity ruling for a licence, nor for that matter does the newly built Leigh sports village.
I was told that there were plenty of reduced tickets but no free ones, not sure whether thats true or not but Crusaders need to make some money and quickly to have a chance in hell of survival.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No free tickets buit some really good marketing / offers. For example Wrexham FC season ticket holders got tickets far cheaper.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Good offers on family tickets and also through the local papers, but as per an earlier post, not aware of any freebies.
not sure if or when the end stand will be open, but that should give them an extra couple of thousand capacity.

Very good marketing in the press (not just around Wrexham) and I beleive theyhave been round many of the local RU clubs offering good deals on bulk purchases.

As for the he prefers the aussies over the locals comment, the majority of the players are australian anyway, so don't see the point in mentioning preferences.

Call me a happy clapper if you like, but I have every respect for BN. He's left Wigan now, so why not leave him be and let him get on with his life.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered