Not really a rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
No straw damn us

Not really a rumour

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan are keeping close tabs on two young Yorkshire based players.

It could be two or even three years before their signings come to fruition (if indeed they ever do) but they are both top draw, one a fullback / centre / winger the other a decorated stand off.

One certainly looks as though it could happen.
ajsefc

Re: Not really a rumour

Post by ajsefc »

I'm not one for mocking a fellow fan BUT REALLY, WOW, WIGAN ARE LOOKING A YOUNG TALENT IN A VARIETY OF POSISTIONS IN AN AREA THAT IS A 'HOTBED' FOR RL TALENT, WELL I NEVER, names/clubs would useful like
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

No straw damn us wrote:One certainly looks as though it could happen.
it definitely might happen, I'm 100% sure it possibly could perhaps. Haha
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ajsefc wrote:I'm not one for mocking a fellow fan BUT REALLY, WOW, WIGAN ARE LOOKING A YOUNG TALENT IN A VARIETY OF POSISTIONS IN AN AREA THAT IS A 'HOTBED' FOR RL TALENT, WELL I NEVER, names/clubs would useful like
One of the criticisms I have seen posted on here and rlfans is our scouting system has been very poor compared to say Saints in recent years.

So if what the o/p said is correct then that is good news. We knicked Jason Robinson from under Leeds noses and if we can get two really good young players from over the Pennines then this may be a sign we are doing something else right off the pitch once again.

I am all for it (looking for talent in Yorkshire) because if anyone thinks we can build a championship team of 100% Wigan born players I think they are wrong and such an idea would make us seem insular and unwelcoming to genuine talent from outside the town and that is just NOT the Wigan tradition.

Dave
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

They are also looking at RU players according to IL at the fans forum he said some of the players are more suited to RL than RU.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I would love to see who these players are in union.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

DaveO wrote:
ajsefc wrote:I'm not one for mocking a fellow fan BUT REALLY, WOW, WIGAN ARE LOOKING A YOUNG TALENT IN A VARIETY OF POSISTIONS IN AN AREA THAT IS A 'HOTBED' FOR RL TALENT, WELL I NEVER, names/clubs would useful like
One of the criticisms I have seen posted on here and rlfans is our scouting system has been very poor compared to say Saints in recent years.

So if what the o/p said is correct then that is good news. We knicked Jason Robinson from under Leeds noses and if we can get two really good young players from over the Pennines then this may be a sign we are doing something else right off the pitch once again.

I am all for it (looking for talent in Yorkshire) because if anyone thinks we can build a championship team of 100% Wigan born players I think they are wrong and such an idea would make us seem insular and unwelcoming to genuine talent from outside the town and that is just NOT the Wigan tradition.

Dave

what do you expect from our scouting system when it is the St Pats mafia who are running it
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

No straw damn us

The scouting system is being reviewed and new scout has been employed to cover the Yorkshire area.
Of the two young players I mentioned one is being tracked very closely and is probably the best young player in the country at his age. If and when he signs I think it will be a major announcement, but he is being persued by at least five top clubs. Just keep your fingers crossed.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

No straw damn us wrote:The scouting system is being reviewed and new scout has been employed to cover the Yorkshire area.
Of the two young players I mentioned one is being tracked very closely and is probably the best young player in the country at his age. If and when he signs I think it will be a major announcement, but he is being persued by at least five top clubs. Just keep your fingers crossed.
One of the questions put to Chris Tuson was his thoughts on the current scouting system and had it improved since the introduction of the new coaching team.
My reason for wanting this question answered was because I know of good young Cumbrian players being ignored by John Pendleburry.
These young kids had potential at the time, and wanted to play at Wigan, yet were never given the final option in the Academy.
No straw damn us

No straw damn us wrote:Wigan are keeping close tabs on two young Yorkshire based players.

It could be two or even three years before their signings come to fruition (if indeed they ever do) but they are both top draw, one a fullback / centre / winger the other a decorated stand off.

One certainly looks as though it could happen.
One of the lads played for England in France this weekend. Wigan are keeping very close tabs on him, but we're facing stiff competition for his signature.