Stains getting stuffed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Stains getting stuffed

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cherry.pie wrote:Hull look like a really strong team, and their forwards were all over Saints. Lauaki was better than the Feka of old in that game, I especially liked the hand off that flattened Leon Pryce.

Saints only managed to get back in the game after Tansey was sin binned and that was a pretty shocking decision. Then the try was a bit dubious too.

I can see Hull being one of the most difficult teams to beat this year.
Luaki was a bit special. Reminded me of FuiFui Moi Moi
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Hull are indeed looking good and I hope it continues. Hull is a much better place to live when they're doing well. I'd rather have them gloat than whinge. Hull look very strong from what I could see and I think it was fitzgibbon on one of his runs who looked unstoppable like Gaz Hock in full flow. Their forwards playing off Horne and Long are going to test some defences this season. But don't forget they started strong last year and they don't have a big squad although they keep bringing young ones in.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ian b

Post by ian b »

cherry.pie wrote:Hull look like a really strong team, and their forwards were all over Saints. Lauaki was better than the Feka of old in that game, I especially liked the hand off that flattened Leon Pryce.

Saints only managed to get back in the game after Tansey was sin binned and that was a pretty shocking decision. Then the try was a bit dubious too.

I can see Hull being one of the most difficult teams to beat this year.
Tansey getting sin binned was wrong cos the tackle was not complete and lauaki did look good but feka smashed him last year, he even ran over him on a couple of occasions so this year with him being fitter he probably will smash him again :D
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think Stains will struggle this year, especially against breaks. Eddie commented that you don normally see full length tries against stains but i think you'll see a lot more this year. They must have the slowest back line in the comp i reckon
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure