Saints on the Decline!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
dezzer1952

Saints on the Decline!!!

Post by dezzer1952 »

I regularly visit the Saints Fans Forum to read their comments about the Club. They can moan for Great Britain.They talk about the Wigan Walk but did you hear their reaction on Saturday Night, booing at half time and full time. Last season was the first time for ages that they hadn't picked up any silverware and now after one loss many are contemplating not supporting any more.IT'S LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS I LOVE IT.GOOD FRIDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH !!!!
ancientnloyal

Re: Saints on the Decline!!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

They have Bradford on sunday, away I think. I tip the Bulls to win that
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We've seen it coming for a couple of years, now. Their success was pretty much built around the core of Wellens, Sculthorpe, Long & Cunningham - two have gone and the other 2 are past it.

:D

(still belongs in General RL, though...)

:wink:
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

ancientnloyal wrote:They have Bradford on sunday, away I think. I tip the Bulls to win that
bradford looked really poor against the giants last week, kearney looked good but they didnt seem to have anything else to offer. i think they will really struggle again this season, but on the other hand stains are there for the taking after last week and the injuries picked up
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

dezzer1952 wrote:I regularly visit the Saints Fans Forum to read their comments about the Club. They can moan for Great Britain.They talk about the Wigan Walk but did you hear their reaction on Saturday Night, booing at half time and full time. Last season was the first time for ages that they hadn't picked up any silverware and now after one loss many are contemplating not supporting any more.IT'S LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS I LOVE IT.GOOD FRIDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH !!!!
YIPEE! :D :eusa2: :eusa3: :inlo:
ian b

Post by ian b »

Dont know if it is possible but they could actually end up with smaller attendances than they have now :lol1: . oh happy days :exc:
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

dezzer1952 wrote:I regularly visit the Saints Fans Forum to read their comments about the Club. They can moan for Great Britain.They talk about the Wigan Walk but did you hear their reaction on Saturday Night, booing at half time and full time. Last season was the first time for ages that they hadn't picked up any silverware and now after one loss many are contemplating not supporting any more.IT'S LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS I LOVE IT.GOOD FRIDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH !!!!
Typical fickle stains fans,

Good Friday is my 30th Birthday weekend so when we beat um at knowsley hole that will be my perfect birthday gift,

WE ARE THE CLUB !!! :D

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

mickw wrote:if stains are struggling it does`nt say much for bratford.!
Correct. Bradford were deplorable by all accounts.

That said, I was one of the few people on here not disappointed at our lack of close season big name signings. Every year we have started awful and made excuses that the new guys will take time to settle. By the time they do, usually around Easter, we had a mountain to climb.

This season, Bradford are in the same boat. They finished very strong last year and I've no doubt Orford and co will settle in and they will come back big time.

Stains on the other hand have lost Longy, Scully, Gilmour and as has been said, Wellens and KC are long past their use by dates. They have given an extended contract to Clint Eastwood who couldn't lace Sam's boots and they have signed Sillius Soddus who has yet to impress on these shores.

The RedVee faithful are breathing a sigh of relief this week and Harry Potter has had the death wish postponed. I am taking the Bulls to finish higher than Stains this year!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mickw wrote:i don`t see sadford with the best will in the world finishing in front of stains,i think stains decline will be a slow one rather than spectacular,bradford won`t improve much from last season with the signings they`ve made.
The Bulls looked a lot better tonight, against a Cas side that has been playing pretty well.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bradford will be fine. I fear for Cas though.