so who will be our full back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

so who will be our full back

Post by THE 18th Man »

with Phelps out for i think at least this weekend vs wire then who will get the FB role. i think Roberts with Ainsough getting recalled but it could be easier to put Vievers at the back. so what would you do if Phelps is out for a couple of matches?
ancientnloyal

Re: so who will be our full back

Post by ancientnloyal »

would expect ainscough to be recalled and given a go. Based on form n'all...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:would expect ainscough to be recalled and given a go. Based on form n'all...
I would go with that as well. If Stefan Marsh gets a first team spot, Ainscough might think he is never gonna get his chance!!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Well it will be for about 3-4 weeks, its not as bad as they first thought, so who ever it is plays well they could get a good run
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

i brought this up in another post it looks or seems like with ainscough out on loan and goulding wanting to go it seems there is only pryce left? goulding is a better centre than winger and i'd rather see ainscough be recalled as its hos position and one he's going to fill in future, why has KP not gone on loan? madge either wants him as back up like now or did he not want to play NL or did no-one want him?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shawxshark wrote:i brought this up in another post it looks or seems like with ainscough out on loan and goulding wanting to go it seems there is only pryce left? goulding is a better centre than winger and i'd rather see ainscough be recalled as its hos position and one he's going to fill in future, why has KP not gone on loan? madge either wants him as back up like now or did he not want to play NL or did no-one want him?
according to a post on RLfans pryce has been offered a way out of the club but nobody wants hims, whether it's true or not is yet to be seen but poster also names Bailey as the player going to Salford and not goulding.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Ainscough for me on the wing. Goulding isn't fast enough.
Either Roberts or Richards to FB
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:
according to a post on RLfans pryce has been offered a way out of the club but nobody wants hims
That I can believe. Pryce was never a good player at Bradford, merely someone who looked like he would be a good one. If its going to happen, it hasn't yet!
medlocke wrote:poster also names Bailey as the player going to Salford and not goulding.
I would take that with a pinch of salt seeing as he is 'one of the 5'!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Ainscough for me on the wing. Goulding isn't fast enough.
I agree, but having said that, I'm confident MM will make the right decision.
antobolto

Post by antobolto »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Ainscough for me on the wing. Goulding isn't fast enough.
I'd have Richards at FB and Ainscough & Roberts on wing.