What State Rugby League.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: What State Rugby League.

Post by gpartin »

Thanks for that mate, totally missed it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

There are a lot of people like myself who don't mind when the games are as long as its not friday night. But if 10 people vote for friday, 6 people vote for sat 3pm and 6 vote for sat 6pm then friday night will win even though more people are actually voting for saturday. The club are crackers if they can't see that they would get far more travelling fans
If games weren't on fridays. Locals may have a preference for fridays but most would still go at other times. The answers wont reflect this will they?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

botica

Post by botica »

Quite right, home games are great Fridays, Sundays my son plays at Lunch time and we would just make home games... Saturdays to be honest would be perfect for me, but others would be different.

Now my son is in College and only getting home at 5pm on a Friday, Bradford Leeds, Wakey and such are not even on the agenda anymore. Last season we travelled twice away to Leeds leaving home at 4.30pm and just making kick off!! It has got to be the same coming our way too and away fans are needed to take their cash and create a good atmosphere.

At the Riversiders meeting with Guest Brian Carney, he broached the subject of crowds and finances and mentioned the fact that Sky money to all clubs is still proping up the game and without Sky the players would prob be semi pro at best! Food for thought...
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010