Ainsy bags three on his debut for Cas

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Ainsy bags three on his debut for Cas

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Taken from BBC News sports page on The Hull KR v Cas game.

Cas's new Wigan loan man Ainscough looked to have won it for his new team with a stunning debut hat-trick.

But a Michael Dobson-inspired Rovers showed great spirit at The Jungle, twice battling back into the game.

And, with eight minutes left, despite appearing to drop the ball over the line, Watts' winning try was awarded.

The video verdict ensured a third successive defeat for the luckless Tigers.

And it was particularly hard on 20-year-old Ainscough in his first appearance after signing on a month's loan as a short-term replacement for broken-leg victim Richard Owen.

Ainscough, who shot to fame with 17 tries in just 12 appearances for home-town team Wigan (including one on his debut against Cas this time a year ago), did not take long to make his mark.

cpwigan

Re: Ainsy bags three on his debut for Cas

Post by cpwigan »

Could be the making of his development. We need more and more young players out on lease / loan. Reserve RL just is not good enough and whilst it is nice watching the reserves run up cricket scores it is not the key aim at that level.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

And he's scored on debut for 3 different clubs; that must be a record!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think it may well be Geoff
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

On another forum I said the following BEFORE he had played a game for Cas

[quote='central park wigan'He is a very good scooter. A real bundle of muscle. An excellent finisher. Fast over short distance. His biggest weakness is fielding kicks.
[/quote]

Ainsy exemplified what I said and possibly the reason why he is currently not playing for Wigan. 3 tries but a total balls up conceding 1 try and he could have done far better for another.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:On another forum I said the following BEFORE he had played a game for Cas

[quote='central park wigan'He is a very good scooter. A real bundle of muscle. An excellent finisher. Fast over short distance. His biggest weakness is fielding kicks.
Ainsy exemplified what I said and possibly the reason why he is currently not playing for Wigan. 3 tries but a total balls up conceding 1 try and he could have done far better for another.[/quote]

I suppose if you are determined to find fault you will. Most tries are conceded due to a mistake of some sort. Could be giving a penalty away, a knock on, a missed tackle or a missed kick etc.

So to suggest he isn't playing for Wigan because of one mistake(which IMO you overstate anyway) we won't have any players left by the end of the season because they will have all screwed up at some point.

It doesn't rate a mention on the Cas board on rlfans or in any match report I have seen either.

He also dealt with kicks well throughout the game - and that has been commented on elsewhere.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I don't take RLfans seriously Dave.

Did you see his mistake? It was an almighty cock up. He should have also been sweeping harder to prevent the Dobson try. In a tight game defence wins more matches than attack. Until Ainsy sorts his defence out he is too high risk.

It's funny how people are looking at Goulding under a microscope and even printing dubious potentially liebollous comment from Shaun Wane with NO CONTEXT and that is okay but if Ainsy makes a few glaring errors we ignore it. Cannot be right Dave.

If I were part of RLfans I would seriously have a chat together about the scanner posts.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:I don't take RLfans seriously Dave.

Did you see his mistake? It was an almighty cock up. He should have also been sweeping harder to prevent the Dobson try. In a tight game defence wins more matches than attack. Until Ainsy sorts his defence out he is too high risk.

It's funny how people are looking at Goulding under a microscope and even printing dubious potentially liebollous comment from Shaun Wane with NO CONTEXT and that is okay but if Ainsy makes a few glaring errors we ignore it. Cannot be right Dave.

If I were part of RLfans I would seriously have a chat together about the scanner posts.
You can't blame a winger for not preventing a try under the sticks - he did well to get as close as he did, IMO. The failed kick clear, admittedly, but I'll accept a 3:1 score/concede ratio anytime.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think he shold have been sweeping Geoff and literally kicked the head off anybody trying to get to the ball.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I think he shold have been sweeping Geoff and literally kicked the head off anybody trying to get to the ball.
Didn't think you would condone that type of play/thuggery cp?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan