superleague shows

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mitch2k9

superleague shows

Post by mitch2k9 »

boots n all/boots n all the tries. is it not basically the same program.isn't it time we had something different to watch on the box.it seems boots n all is lacking a bit of humour these days,it was good to watch when bazza and terry were on taking the mick out of each other.more indepth information on clubs who's injured/fit/upcoming stars/NRL/just a thought. :D :roll: :roll:
gpartin

Re: superleague shows

Post by gpartin »

As my Grandma would say, its dull as dishwatter. You#re quite right, they've taken the humour and light-hearted discussion out of it even the feature they have on a Wednesday seems to have been trimmed down massively and the irony is the combined length of the two shows is actually longer than it was. The tries are shown completely out of context in the first one with no build up whatsoever most of the time and the second one has become the Paul cullen show:

'lets have a look at some bits from Wigan v Salford on Friday Night, what did you think Paul?'

'Although Wigan scored some fantastic tries its more down to the fact that some of the Salford players are standing scratching their bums. There, look! We've got Stefan Ratchford... if you just pause the tape there, just there, thats it he's scratching his bum... And on this move here later on in the half We've got the inimitable Bobby Parker looking like he's got his eye on Tommy Leuluai, but then as you can see he stops in his tracks and look at that, he's scratching his bum; and although its only a little scratch this time but I'm sure Shaun McRae would have been furious about that one in particulardue to the timing just before the half time hooter!!! And just this last one Jodie Broughton young lad from Leeds, bags of potential, almost looks like the exact same attacking move from the Wigan side that we saw earlier on in the game and young Broughton clearly extends his hand outwards, under the shorts, and unless I'm very much mistaken he misses the tackle on the Wigan player because of the fact that once again, a Salford player is unable to resist the urge to scratch his bum. I pointed this out The first, second and third weeks of the season and I'm likely to mention it in forthcoming weeks but you can't compete at Super League if you insist on scratching your bum but thats three tries to Wigan, three scratched bums to Salford.'

'Right, the next game we'll be looking at today is the long anticipated Clash between Brian Noble's new club, the Crusaders and his old club the Bulls, what have you got for us Paul?'

'As you can see I've clearly marked the shape of a toilet duck between the three Bradford defensive players there was only one try scored in the game but this shape is a worrying trend which needs to be addressed by the Bradford Coach Steve McNamara.'

:wink:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

:lol: Forgot to mention Angela Powers reading through the scores and table at the end of Boots and All tries, she put absolutely no feeling into it whatsoever and gave no kind of comment. The whole thing is a joke, and not a very funny one at that.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

gpartin wrote: :lol: Forgot to mention Angela Powers reading through the scores and table at the end of Boots and All tries, she put absolutely no feeling into it whatsoever and gave no kind of comment. The whole thing is a joke, and not a very funny one at that.
She talks like she is reading everything from a script GP.
I give Claire Balding her due, as she puts some excitement into her opinions.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
gpartin wrote: :lol: Forgot to mention Angela Powers reading through the scores and table at the end of Boots and All tries, she put absolutely no feeling into it whatsoever and gave no kind of comment. The whole thing is a joke, and not a very funny one at that.
Ill informed though they might be.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Ill informed though they might be.
You have lost me on that one EITC.

On the matches I have witnessed her commentry, she has been very accurate and to the point.
Plus she appears to enjoy the games without being too critical of the negatives.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Totally agree she has an obvious passion and knowledge for rugby but she's a woman and some people don't like that .

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

And in actual fact most of the time she asks questions of the other people in the studio to generate discussion talks very clearly about what's happened in games and very rarely gives opinions to give any suggestion of being illinformed. I really don't understand why she is criticised other than the fact she also likes horse racing.

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Perhaps ill informed was a little harsh, but I do think she has had her comments fed to her by A. N. other. They don't seem to be coming from a knowledge base of the game, however she is far better than a lot of the yawnion fans they sometimes get to present, because some high up in the Beeb thinks all rugby is the same.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09