Gareth thomas

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Gareth thomas

Post by gpartin »

On the train to Leeds and my dad's just texted to say Gareth Thomas has signed 18 month contract with Crusaders. Good for the profile of the game. Apologies if its been posted elsewhere been havin problems navigating on my mobile.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

BriH

Re: Gareth thomas

Post by BriH »

I might rustle a few feathers here but I can't believe the Wrexham Mongrels would sign a bl...y RU has-been, never played The Greatest Game ever.
A mega gimmick. He'll be absolutel nackered after 2 games!
mitch2k9

Post by mitch2k9 »

got to agree with BriH on this one mate.he's far too long in the tooth,anyway isn't he just comming into his prime years for rugby onion. :D :D
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

If he can't cope with proper rugby then surely thats even better isn't it? He'll get a few more years at Toulon when he goes back.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Yorks_Loyal

Post by Yorks_Loyal »

For the profile of the sport and the profile of Crusaders this is a brilliant signing. They play Catalan next at home a game that may have on ly seen a crown of 5000, will most probably have nearer the 8000 mark.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Wonder where they're going to play him? He was apparently an outside back in yawnion, but at 35, 6'3" and 16 stone plus I'm thinking he will be used in the second row. He surely can't be fast enough to play centre in league?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Perhaps if they had managed to sign him when they were in South Wales it might have gone some way to keeping them there.

It's a high profile signing for them and I am sure it will get a big crowd for them but I'd be surprised if he makes a go of it.

Dave

Yorks_Loyal

Post by Yorks_Loyal »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Wonder where they're going to play him? He was apparently an outside back in yawnion, but at 35, 6'3" and 16 stone plus I'm thinking he will be used in the second row. He surely can't be fast enough to play centre in league?
He ws a full back in union mate. A very good one at that.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Noble called for cross code signings last year when at Wigan , he's now got his way !

I don't see what he will add to rl

It's a bums on seats signing so good luck to em
funny you should mention bums...

It's pretty easy to write-off a Union player playing league along with his age, who knows, he may be a good signing and be a success... but what would success be? man of steel performances or performances worthy of a regular SL starting place?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

This bloke will be as much use to Superleague as a fart in an Astronaughts suit.