Problem teenagers at away games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wharthog

Problem teenagers at away games

Post by Wharthog »

id like to raise concerns about the amount of teenagers that go to away games and behave poorly. the language i hear from this group is disgusting at some games, friday at bradford they were up near the big screen throwing beer, chips, general crap up in the air which was hitting the fans below!! (wigan fans may i add)
leeds away last year 2 young girls were throwing their guts up all over the stand and a dozen others who were with them were falling all over the place due to too much beer. i know its not all teenagers and i know what its like to be one i dont want to spoil anyones fun but its wearing thin now and if it continues im really going to reconsider going to some away games in future as many others will im sure.im just not sure what to do about it before its too late and people start boycotting games
cpwigan

Re: Problem teenagers at away games

Post by cpwigan »

Society has some huge problems to deal with in terms of behaviour across the board. It is pathetic how some people conduct themselves and sadly 'some children' are now out of control.
botica

Post by botica »

I agree, perhaps the club should put some kind of general warnings out, because something does need to be said.
Most of the coach companies don't allow alchohol on board, but it obviousley is getting on.

RL was always considered the best sport to go to watch, rarely any trouble in the crowds and as numbers are falling, the encouragement to attend falls flat if thats what you turn up to and experience.

We don't want to become another Warrington or Hull club and antisipate trouble cos Wigan are in town do we. Soooo if you are reading this lads and lasses please think about how you are affecting your club and the rest of its fans.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Yeah I got splattered with beer.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It's all those under 60's they keep letting in - trouble-makers, all of them...
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

put more tax on beer so they cant afford it
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

on friday was a disgrace from the teenagers and they should be ashamed. i was on coach 2 from mayfair and they was causing trouble on there over seating problems and again they was slaughtered. saw 1 lad who was at most 16 bring a big bottle of vodka on coach but they soon got told off on way back by graham the coach driver and some grown ups.
these kids bringing ale on coach ruins it for regulars who bring ale on coach being sensible. as for the kids throwing toffee or crisp at are fans i was close in going to them and giving them a crack but id get thrown out so i ignored it and luckily none hit me or my gf.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Yorks_Loyal

Post by Yorks_Loyal »

Well fortunatly i wsnt there firday, but if im at a game and they throw something at me, then they will be getting a severe clip.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im sure we will hear a proper response from the coach fraternity on here (white elephant, consigliere) regarding beer and youths etc... in response to the above.

In a way it is good that youngsters are going to away games on their own. Thats great! BUT..! Their behaviour is unacceptable and is showing us up. A tax on beer is good, perhaps buy a beer token to over 21's at the turnstiles to limit consumption? It's all too easy for an 18 year old with legit ID to buy 4 pints of 'slip' and hand out to their younger friends... I have never seen any steward question the drinking at away games. It's a major problem.

The only way they travel is via coaches... the odd 2 or 3 cars will take 10 youngsters. Ban them from coaches but it isnt that easy as we may hear in reply to this from coach staff who post on here.

May I also add that most youngsters have exceptional behaviour at away games, some post on here (or did) who admitedly like to have a drink but in a controleld manner. A minority let us down... a minority of adults also let us down dont forget

So does my wife.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wharthog

Post by Wharthog »

i actually did see a bradford steward approach a young lad, he took the beer of him and poured it away but the youth just laughed in his face and 5 mins later the young lad had another anyway. fustrating.
i know its the minority that let us down. i just hope something happens to stop all this agro before our name is amongst the rebels