Weather for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Weather for Friday

Post by Welski »

If its been anything like darkest Essex over the last two nights I assume its been tipping it down on the JJB and looks set to continue.

Does anyone know if they have sorted out the pitch drainage problems? I recall the last time we had weather like this the pitch cut up badly and was blamed for many of the injuries we were picking up.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
MrsLam

Re: Weather for Friday

Post by MrsLam »

It didn't rain yesterday, and it was spitting today but it's not been too bad since I got back :turn:
I love rain at wigan matches, it reminds me of the grand final. Not so good for the players, well anyway (not stolen from http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3897 or owt) but the minimum temp will be 11, maximum 18 with a northerly wind of 11mph and moderate visibility. Looks like it could rain but there will also be short sunny intervals...
I'm sorted for a job if I fail all my A-levels tomorrow :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
It didn't rain yesterday, and it was spitting today but it's not been too bad since I got back :turn:
I love rain at wigan matches, it reminds me of the grand final. Not so good for the players, well anyway (not stolen from http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3897 or owt) but the minimum temp will be 11, maximum 18 with a northerly wind of 11mph and moderate visibility. Looks like it could rain but there will also be short sunny intervals...
Don't trust the BBC website, they change their minds every 2-3 hours. Trying to find an accurate weather forecast is pretty difficult, you need to try and get common ground out of the BBC site, www.net-weather.co.uk,www.metcheck.com, www.weather.co.uk and several others. Net-Weather is probably the best, there are some very knowledgeable posters in the fora although they talk in acronyms most of the time which I just try and ignore because I don't know what they mean.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Acro what?!
Hard to believe I did English sometimes! :conf:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Welski

Post by Welski »

MrsLam posted:
br>
You wont fail them Mrs L ...I heard that nowadays they're as easy as making money outta your own team losing.

Joking aside fingers crossed for you. :thum:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Acro what?!
Hard to believe I did English sometimes! :conf:
Acronyms, they're similar to abbreviations but for joining several words together such as TTFN for "ta ta for now". The computer industry is the worst for acronyms, with its ROMs, RAMs, DRAMs, SRAMs, RAIDs etc etc etc.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Welski posted:
You wont fail them Mrs L ...I heard that nowadays they're as easy as making money outta your own team losing.

Joking aside fingers crossed for you. :thum:
They don't mean much anyway, and after a while become almost totally irrelevant. I got cr@p A-levels but still did a degree and got a decent job, now no-one cares about the two Ds and an N I got back in 1991.

[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

:D
You know what! When I was sat in the hall doing those exams I was thinking, yip this is a doss...:craz:
Was reading on the plane home how we're all gonna pass because the exams are easy these days so I've nowt to worry about really, am actually not worried at all I've only just completed my leaving procedure today which everyone else did back in april/may. Apparently the pass rate has been getting higher and higher for the last 20 odd years.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Fraggle posted:
I got cr@p A-levels but still did a degree and got a decent job, now no-one cares about the two Ds and an N I got back in 1991.

Did you do general studies too?? They MADE me sit some stupid exams and then when I didnt try (because Unis dont accept general studies) and I got a U hehe they then made me resit that same exam right in the middle of my a-levels. In the science paper I decided to write about how s*** teachers pay is and why firemen can go on strike when they are risking lives but if teachers do it then they're being selfish and greedy. Advice to any 16 year olds reading, do not go to winstanley!!!!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Did you do general studies too?? They MADE me sit some stupid exams and then when I didnt try (because Unis dont accept general studies) and I got a U hehe they then made me resit that same exam right in the middle of my a-levels. In the science paper I decided to write about how s*** teachers pay is and why firemen can go on strike when they are risking lives but if teachers do it then they're being selfish and greedy. Advice to any 16 year olds reading, do not go to winstanley!!!!
I wanted to do General Studies because I can talk b0110x about just about any subject, but my college didn't allow us to do it. If I hadn't got thrown out of my school I could have done it there in the 6th form, but I managed to escape from that dreadful place.

[hr]