Richard Agar...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Call for Second Ref

Post by cpwigan »

I really like the 2 referee system but we simply do not have enough referees or the money to implement it IMO.
FROM A TO B

Re: Call for Second Ref

Post by FROM A TO B »

merged with the other 2 threads in General RL
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Re: You are what you drink - Agar will have a bitter.

Post by butt monkey »

j658 wrote:I honestly struggle to understand where he is coming from given the spoiling tactics employed by his forwards particularly Lee Radford.

It seems to me that his problem isn't the slowing down of the tackle, more that Wigan have followed the Storm tactics and are better at it than Hull.
I read this last night but couldn't be bothered to come online. Was going to write something but you articulate it perfectly.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
botica

Re: Richard Agar...

Post by botica »

OMG pot kettle brunt a*se

The referee let a lot go too, and seemed to only give the penelty after the third or 4th slow get up.... It was frustrating to watch. Agar needs to look at Hulls tactics before he asks for harsher steps. Cos Hull will be penelised out of the match...
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I find all this by Agar hilarious!!! Its probably a knee jerk reaction to his embarrasment of his team being shown how to play rugby! After all on the fri night game on sky Eddie commented that Agar had said that "Hull was going to show the league world how far they had come and make all the other teams sit up and take notice"......DOH!

Matt
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 565783.stm

This man was watching a different game from me on Friday .
When Hull were not lying on in the ruck , they were trying to knock someones head off abily assisted by our French friend

2002 and EW is hooked
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

To be honest Agar has probably had this little speech prepared for a while, it was always going to be a talking point and it provides him with an excuse.

I think super league referees are handling the play the ball quite well. If the defenders have the upper hand in the tackle then the play the ball is going to be a bit slower and surely that is a reward for good defending. If the attacking player get the upper hand the tackle then a quick play the ball is their reward.

What we don't want to go back to is the situation a few years ago were rugby league basically become which club could scoot the quickest up the pitch.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... _Agar.html

Hull coach Richard Agar could face a charge from the Rugby Football League after apparently confronting referee Thierry Alibert during his side's Engage Super League match at Wigan last Friday.

Agar, who complained of Wigan's "wrestling" tactics in the post-match press conference, is thought to have had words with the Frenchman at half-time.
Matthew

Re: POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK

Post by Matthew »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 565783.stm

This man was watching a different game from me on Friday .
When Hull were not lying on in the ruck , they were trying to knock someones head off abily assisted by our French friend
A bit rich coming from Agar - he is from the same mould as our next opponents coach. If his side wins then everything is fine; if they lose then it's everyone's fault but theirs.

Anyway; looks like his mouth may be getting him into trouble:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... _Agar.html
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Re: POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK

Post by FROM A TO B »

another one to be merged!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered