Richard Agar...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Richard Agar...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I never liked Justin Morgan for his post match complaints, many of them aimed at the referee's.
Give him his due this season after their defeat at the DW.
He just commented that his side were well beaten by a much better team on the night.
Maybe Richard Agar should take a leaf out of his book and just admit what actually happened on the night instead of making excuses.
Panchitta Marra

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... _Agar.html

Sorry can someone fix the link.

Hull coach Richard Agar could face a charge from the Rugby Football League after apparently confronting referee Thierry Alibert during his side's Engage Super League match at Wigan last Friday.

Agar, who complained of Wigan's "wrestling" tactics in the post-match press conference, is thought to have had words with the Frenchman at half-time. Hull went on to lose 48-24.

"We are awaiting the reports from the match commissioner and referee which will be studied by the compliance manager," said a League spokesman.

Fixed PM - Josie :)
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I never liked Justin Morgan for his post match complaints, many of them aimed at the referee's.
He just commented that his side were well beaten by a much better team on the night.
Maybe Richard Agar should take a leaf out of his book and just admit what actually happened on the night instead of making excuses.
Been discussing this on RLFans and apparently Hull have been penalised a lot before for holding down and not learnt from it. At least some of them are coming round to the idea that they need to be coached in wrestling technique better and learn to play to the ref but others are completely blinkered with the attitude that refs are out to get them. I think Coaches moaning about refs in the papers is like parents who complain about teachers in front of their kids. A sure way of teaching your kid not to respect their elders. The RFL should have a zero tolerance policy on this and give Agar a heavy fine imo.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Panchitta Marra

gpartin wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:I never liked Justin Morgan for his post match complaints, many of them aimed at the referee's.
Been discussing this on RLFans and apparently Hull have been penalised a lot before for holding down and not learnt from it. At least some of them are coming round to the idea that they need to be coached in wrestling technique better and learn to play to the ref but others are completely blinkered with the attitude that refs are out to get them. I think Coaches moaning about refs in the papers is like parents who complain about teachers in front of their kids. A sure way of teaching your kid not to respect their elders. The RFL should have a zero tolerance policy on this and give Agar a heavy fine imo.
Looks like the RFL are now investigating Agar's comments to the referee in the Wigan game GP, and rightfully so.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Good, Wwe've been lucky at Wigan over the years not to have too many coaches whinging about refs.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Re: Call for Second Ref

Post by exile in Tiger country »

at least we were getting back the full 10. Hull's defensive line was like a dog's back leg with about half of the players involved in the tackle being offside at POTB.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09