Who's our new number 8 ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Who's our new number 8 ?

Post by THE 18th Man »

Fielden is doing great at the mintue and last night he seemed to be having a lot more fun (trying to pull piggys shorts down and going after Sam's shorts) and at the warrington match when the players were coming to clap the fans he ran over and hugged and celebrated like we had just won the cup. we are praising everyone at the mintue as they are all outstanding but Stu has been superb. well done Stu and all who helped him recapture his world class form.
cherrywarrior

Re: Who's our new number 8 ?

Post by cherrywarrior »

He has defo been getting better, almost reminisant of Fielden pre Mason, keep going lad!

I do find him intersting though, I rekon a sports psychologist could get a good few papers published after just a few sessions with Fielden!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

A few people, myself included, predicted that we will see the Fielden that we thought we bought from Bradford this season. Fielden takes his fitness very seriously and I think the new regime is pretty much suited to him as a player, for preparation. The on-field work he is doing is all by himself, we are seeing more metres, less errors etc...

well done Stuart keep it up
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought he was finished. Clearly no Noble = A decent Fielden
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

Thought he was very good last night, most important thing he looks to be enjoying his rugby again!
I liked his response after Willie Manu gave him a good shoulder in the second......he played the ball then gave a big shout of F**K!!
Wigan til i die!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I concur with most peoples sentiments regarding Stuart.Much better performance all round this season.However,am I lead to believe that we should be offering him a new contract at the end of the season? because I remember quite a few lamenting the fact that he was taking up to much salary cap space.So what is the consensus this time around? or am I being a little early in the season to be asking this question? On current form I would look to offer season by season contract! :D
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

KOOCH wrote:I concur with most peoples sentiments regarding Stuart.Much better performance all round this season.However,am I lead to believe that we should be offering him a new contract at the end of the season? because I remember quite a few lamenting the fact that he was taking up to much salary cap space.So what is the consensus this time around? or am I being a little early in the season to be asking this question? On current form I would look to offer season by season contract! :D
He's still getting paid far too much even at half the price I'd be tempted to look elsewhere and see what we can get for the kind of money Stu will be after/what he's on now. Madge should be able to attract the big names and although Coley and Stu are playing well so far i'd love an 80 minute James Graham type freak of nature.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Getting carried away I see....

Fielden can still not break a tackle and that is poor in my eyes, the man of the moment is clearly Coley and if this guy gets an injury we are in big trouble because both Fielden and Feka and not a force at all... But yes he has a great smile..

Come on get real people.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Other than the 'world class' comment from 'the 18th man' this is a pretty well balanced thread WW. If Stu can't break the line then I must have imagined seeing him do that against Hull. Like I said I think he is getting paid too much but he's putting in some hard graft allowing our backs to shine. He made an error against Bulls due to tiredness as a result of Feka's inactivity but has been solid overall. Why not give credit where
Its due for a change? he's no world beater but is massively improved clearly.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Getting carried away I see....

Fielden can still not break a tackle and that is poor in my eyes, the man of the moment is clearly Coley and if this guy gets an injury we are in big trouble because both Fielden and Feka and not a force at all... But yes he has a great smile..

Come on get real people.
I agree he cannot break a tackle and is still not in my opinion the prop we need.Coley is really playing well and at this moment the best prop at the club