Noble up to his old tricks

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Noble up to his old tricks

Post by cpwigan »

The best young Welsh prospect Crusaders have is a fullback called Elliott Kear. He played the first few games until Noble dropped him and is trying to sign a washed up ex league player called Clinton Schifcoske from Irish RU so no doubt Kear won't be seen again.
DaveO

Re: Noble up to his old tricks

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:The best young Welsh prospect Crusaders have is a fullback called Elliott Kear. He played the first few games until Noble dropped him and is trying to sign a washed up ex league player called Clinton Schifcoske from Irish RU so no doubt Kear won't be seen again.
Is history repeating itself? He brought in Withers and Millard in his first full season with us and I was not impressed when he did that back then.

I was a bit of a loan voice though because he'd just saved us from relegation and the merest suggestion Noble had made a mistake did not go down well. Withers didn't last long but some people elevated Millard way beyond his ability in order to defend the coaches decision to employ him.

Unfortunately such is the overall standard of the game here you can get quite far by employing a bunch of experienced but essentially past it players. So if he does this and gets the Crusaders a few wins it will be mission accomplished for Noble and it will take a brave Crusaders fan to suggest it might not be the best approach long term.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The best young Welsh prospect Crusaders have is a fullback called Elliott Kear. He played the first few games until Noble dropped him and is trying to sign a washed up ex league player called Clinton Schifcoske from Irish RU so no doubt Kear won't be seen again.
Is history repeating itself? He brought in Withers and Millard in his first full season with us and I was not impressed when he did that back then.

I was a bit of a loan voice though because he'd just saved us from relegation and the merest suggestion Noble had made a mistake did not go down well. Withers didn't last long but some people elevated Millard way beyond his ability in order to defend the coaches decision to employ him.

Unfortunately such is the overall standard of the game here you can get quite far by employing a bunch of experienced but essentially past it players. So if he does this and gets the Crusaders a few wins it will be mission accomplished for Noble and it will take a brave Crusaders fan to suggest it might not be the best approach long term.

Dave
He doesn't give two hoots about what happens to the club long-term. Garry Schofield said much the same in Rugby League World last month and its one of the few things he's ever said that I agree with him on.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

As Terry Mac "tactfully" phrased it on "Boots n all the tries", commenting on the Schifcoske signing.
Noble likes experienced players...
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN wrote:
As Terry Mac "tactfully" phrased it on "Boots n all the tries", commenting on the Schifcoske signing.
Good quote, but I'm sure it was Barry O'connor :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gpartin wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
Yeah, well, they're interchangeable... :blush:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN wrote:
gpartin wrote:
GeoffN wrote: As Terry Mac "tactfully" phrased it on "Boots n all the tries", commenting on the Schifcoske signing.
Yeah, well, they're interchangeable... :blush:
lol done it myself, feel free to edit away all evidence.

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

All of The Crusaders' welsh eligible players (apart from 35 year old RU convert Gareth Thomas) are on loan at South Wales Scorpions, that speaks for itself really.

The Scorpions are doing it the right way, they only have one non-welsh players in their squad. They are currently joint top of Championship 1. Personally I think they are doing a lot more for Welsh rugby league than Nobby and the Crusaders are doing.