Sky scheduling

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
weststand-rich

Sky scheduling

Post by weststand-rich »

What on earth are SKY thinking of this weekend?

We have Saints vs Wire on Friday night and the marketing genii at SKY come up with the mouthwatering tantalising spectacle of Crusaders vs Catalan. I know Crusaders are fielding their new star in the form of that old Union winger, but come on.........
KOOCH

Re: Sky scheduling

Post by KOOCH »

I know what your on about.It seems nonsensical to me.However,the people of Wrexham may just take a look in as it's on the box and think to themselves.This is an exciting game to watch.I might just get up of my fat lazy bum and go and watch the real thing. :D
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

they should have put warrington saints on saturday really as the harlequins game will be a dull game with a dull atmosphere.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Its actually quite a smart move from Sky's point of view if you think about it logically.

They have to show a roughly even amount of air time to each team in the league. The stains and wire match although better from a rugby point of view doesn't really mean jack at this stage of the season.

The most interest your probably ever going to get for this game is with a novelty, step up Mr Thomas. People will be curious to see how he goes so will prob pull in a few more viewers. And even if it wasn't due to that (i imagine this was set before the start of the season) it gets a crap game out the way meanin that later on in the year they can show the better matches
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

wasn't this game on SKY even before Thomas signed?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i mentioned that, but my main point was the reason this game would of been picked over saints and wire, althouhg that is the better spectacle at this stage of the season its meaningless hence you may aswell get rid of the obligation to cover an even spread of teams by showing to of the least popular at once, therefore at the business end you can focus on the top teams
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

SKY have no choice. Their agreement states they have to show every club and no club at home more than a certain number of times. So (I think it is the first 15 rds) they show everybody in the first part of the season to and then start selecting the biggest matches.
F C Dobbs

Post by F C Dobbs »

Think what*s happened is that this game has been pencilled in ever since the fixtures game out,and Sky can*t pull out of it....