Liam Farrell

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Liam Farrell

Post by gpartin »

Faz just scored for Widnes v Fax having a decent game from what I've seen. He's put some really big hits in on Aizue, really like the look of him!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

over the hill

Re: Liam Farrell

Post by over the hill »

ben davis set up a try with some good footwork and a great offload. both wigan players had good all round games.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Both lads are quality young players. They will benefit greatly from the on lease scheme.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

Was impressed with Both. Farrell looks to have the all round game and with more experience has a bright future. davies looked good too. Good footwork and willing to do he hard work too.

BTW what's with Widnes kit, possibly the worse kit I have ever seen :lol:
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wiggydoran wrote:Image

That wasn't the kit they wore last night :conf:

They played in 'salmon pink' :eusa16:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thought Liam Farrell was exceptional last night and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Ben Davies also looks a good prospect for us as well.

Can't wait for these two lads to be lining up at the DW :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:Thought Liam Farrell was exceptional last night and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Ben Davies also looks a good prospect for us as well.

Can't wait for these two lads to be lining up at the DW :)
Very much so, Josie. The only real reason I watched the game was to see how Farrel & Davies went on, and I was very pleased with both their performances, especially Liam's. He was always good defensively, but I could already see an improvement over his reserves performaces, whether that's due to the MM pre-season regime or the Widnes experience, or (more likely, I think) a combination of both.

wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Special charity kit.

Widnes Vikings rugby league team are getting behind a campaign to tackle the problem of men’s cancers.

For their Co-operative Championship match against Halifax on Thursday 18 March, the Vikings will raise funds for men’s cancer charity Everyman by wearing a flesh-coloured kit. The club wants as many people to come to the game as possible to show their support and will be donating a portion of the gate money to Everyman.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Good on them but flesh coloured? What's all that about?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."