O'connor And Robinson being Released.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dancer

O'connor And Robinson being Released.

Post by dancer »

www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,, ... 33,00.html

It will be interesting to see what we do for a scrum half, I would like to keep Lam for another season. We will have 5 props with the 2 young guys, I think they will be eased in on some of the lesser games.
Welski

Re: O'connor And Robinson bein...

Post by Welski »

Shame if he goes as I think he will turn out to be a very good player but like I said in a previous post I think it will be better for him. For whatever reason things seem to have turned sour at Wigan.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Mike
Site Admin

Re: O'connor And Robinson ...

Post by Mike »

Releasing Robinson would leave us with no scrum-hlaf for next season. This seems a very strange descision unless the board know something we don't!

Perhaps Maurice has decided that 3 props and no scrum half will be a good combination next year. Before too long, With injuries, that will be 1 prop and no scrum half, and no stand-in scrum half...

Looks like James Coyle will be getting some game-time next season! He's under 18!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

O'Connor has confirmed this is his last season at Wigan: "This is definitely my last year at Wigan," he said. "I decided that at the beginning of the year for reasons I'd rather not go into."
from: http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... onnor.html
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

I heard Terry say on GMR that it was his last season at Wigan but he will have one more season in rugby league. He says this is to give his wife time to get a job and that after next season he will look for a job on the bins. (Always the jester our Terry eh!)
:lol: