Injuries?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Injuries?

Post by cpwigan »

Cameron Phelps has clearly not been fully fit since he was first injured. He needs to be fit or not play.

Sam T took a knock. His thigh was strapped but he seemwed to be limping too. Looked incredibly dangerous with ball in hand by the way.

Fielden? Leg heavily strapped.
GeoffN

Re: Injuries?

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Cameron Phelps has clearly not been fully fit since he was first injured. He needs to be fit or not play.

Sam T took a knock. His thigh was strapped but he seemwed to be limping too. Looked incredibly dangerous with ball in hand by the way.

Agreed. Seems to me we need a back on the bench if some players are going in not fully fit. Not sure if Phelps's injury was the same one that kept him out, but Carmont seemed to be struggling as well.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Feka & Macca also took heavy knocks for the reserves as well.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Can't understand why Carmont was chosen ahead of Goulding - he wasn't fit and his recent form is not as good as Daz's.

As for Phelp's why have we rushed him back into the team? He was nowhere near fit against Hull and limped for most of the game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Jake

Post by Jake »

cpwigan wrote: Cameron Phelps has clearly not been fully fit since he was first injured. He needs to be fit or not play.

Time to bring Ainscough back into the fold as well as Goulding.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

If Phelps is injured for the next game then I would expect us to revert to Roberts at fullback and Goulding on the wing.

I don't think that Ainscough will be recalled just yet - unless Carmont is too injured to play next week
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I've been told Phelps' injury is just a dead leg, nothing to do with the previous injury.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Same as Sam, Geoff.