Leeds panicking...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Leeds panicking...

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Leeds.html
Leeds Rhinos have searched far and wide for players to ease their injury crisis - but the champions have given up hope of making a short-term signing in time for Friday's clash with Engage Super League leaders Wigan...
GeoffN

Re: Leeds panicking...

Post by GeoffN »

GeoffN wrote:http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Leeds.html
Leeds Rhinos have searched far and wide for players to ease their injury crisis - but the champions have given up hope of making a short-term signing in time for Friday's clash with Engage Super League leaders Wigan...
We could offer them Karl Pryce...
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

GeoffN wrote:
GeoffN wrote:http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Leeds.html
Dont even say that in Jest Geoff, he would prob come back and bite us in the bum :roll:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
Dont even say that in Jest Geoff, he would prob come back and bite us in the bum :roll:
before going off injured with a mouth injury
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

This is all just headology by McLennan. Leeds aren't that scared. They will stil give us a tough game.
We need to stay away from over confidence, look what happened at Bradford when thought it was going to be easy.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Exactly - Leeds will be a tough game.

We shouldn't be thinking about them; we should be preparing as though they are at full strength.

How many times under Noble did we take a team for granted; fail to turn up and lose?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think the players / coaches are switching off. The inconsistent display v Cas will have given the team plenty to work on this week. I think the home games are far easier than playing away no matter what the opposition.

However, the pressure on Leeds is immense. So many early defeats has made the game a must win for them so they will come out full of desire and passion.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Steady cp, steady. Passion and desire. I though this was a rugby league topic not a Mills and Boon bodice ripper!!!!
:roll:
OJ

Post by OJ »

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are just trying to lull us into a false sense of security. I was wondering before how many miraculous recoveries there would be over the Pennines this week
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

OJ wrote:Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are just trying to lull us into a false sense of security. I was wondering before how many miraculous recoveries there would be over the Pennines this week
Leeds have had bad injuries for weeks though, hence losing the games they have. I dont think there are any mind games going on, they have just been very unlucky so far. It is great timing for us :D