GIANTS SIGN DANNY BROUGH

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

GIANTS SIGN DANNY BROUGH

Post by josie andrews »

Huddersfield Giants and Wakefield Trinity Wildcats can confirm that they have completed a deal which will allow scrum half Danny Brough to join the Giants.

Following protracted negotiations, the compensation package that has been agreed between the two Engage Super League clubs sees Brough join the Giants with immediate effect until the end of the 2014 Super League season.

As part of that package Wakefield Trinity Wildcats will receive an undisclosed financial settlement and they have signed prop forward Michael Korkidas on a long term loan basis and utility forward Danny Kirmond on a shorter term loan.

The Giants loaned Greek international Korkidas to the Wildcats last year and he has continued to play at Wakefield on the same basis. He is now contracted to remain at the Hearwell Stadium until the end of the 2011 season.

Kirmond, who joined Huddersfield from Featherstone Rovers in 2007, will join Wakefield on loan until the end of the 2010 season.

Danny Brough commented, “I’m glad that all the speculation has now ended and my future is settled. I would like to thank the Wakefield club and their fans for their support of me. I like to think that I have contributed to their rise up the table to the point where they are now sitting in the top part of the league on a regular basis.

“In particular I have enjoyed working with John Kear who has been great to me for a long time. I felt ready for a new challenge at a new club and in Huddersfield with Nathan Brown I think the opportunity presents itself for me to play in big games.

“The Huddersfield squad is very strong and I’m looking forward to getting stuck into training with them and trying to force my way into the team.”

Nathan Brown commented “I’ve admired Danny’s game since I came to the UK and it will be fantastic to be able to work with him and integrate him into our team over the coming weeks and months. Out and out half backs with outstanding kicking games and genuine speed are becoming a rarity, so he will give us another string to our bow in the squad.”

John Kear, the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Head Coach, said: “We would like to thank Danny Brough for all he has done for this club since he joined us from Castleford Tigers and wish him well in the rest of his career.

“We’re delighted to re-sign Michael Korkidas as he is an integral part of our plans to develop a successful Super League team at the Hearwell Stadium.

“Equally we’re excited at being able to work with Danny Kirmond who is a player we’ve admired for quite some time.”

http://giantsrl.dnsupdate.co.uk/latestN ... Index=3372
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Re: GIANTS SIGN DANNY BROUGH

Post by exile in Tiger country »

So, Danny Brough, Luke robinson, Kev Brown. Lunt and Drew (when fit) at hooker.
What Gives? who loses out?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

answer is simple Kevin Brown. He can pull of plays of a world class back but on far too few occasions and is prone to errors. Luke has upped his game brown has stayed average. Brough is far better than brown. Lunt isnt going anywher if the giants have any sense.

Brown to catalan
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Robinson to hooker, I reckon - playing the sort of 7/9 role TL does for us. Drew out.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN wrote:Robinson to hooker, I reckon - playing the sort of 7/9 role TL does for us. Drew out.
Hasnt Drew just signed for Hudds at the start of this season?
Shaun Lunt would be a plus signing if he became available.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:answer is simple Kevin Brown. He can pull of plays of a world class back but on far too few occasions and is prone to errors. Luke has upped his game brown has stayed average. Brough is far better than brown. Lunt isnt going anywher if the giants have any sense.

Brown to catalan
Everything I have heard or read about Huddersfield this year has had rave reviews for Brown, moreso than Robinson.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

They missed Brown massively at the back end of last year did they not?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It will be interesting to see what impact Brough has. He can be excellent but he can also be a disruptive force.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:It will be interesting to see what impact Brough has. He can be excellent but he can also be a disruptive force.
From what I've seen of him, he's one of those players that disappears for large parts of a game, then shows a couple of nice touches that has Stevo thinking he's the best thing since...well...Kev Brown...
j658

Post by j658 »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:It will be interesting to see what impact Brough has. He can be excellent but he can also be a disruptive force.
From what I've seen of him, he's one of those players that disappears for large parts of a game, then shows a couple of nice touches...
The Yorkshire Lee Briers??