How good is agent Millward

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

How good is agent Millward

Post by Panchitta Marra »

How good is Agent Millward at Super League?

Any thoughts on his predictions.

IMO, I think Huddersfield can be a bogey team against Stains, and will win a close game.

Bradford v Harlequins (+20)
Bradford weren't great last week but Matt Orford returns on Friday and he makes an enormous difference. I think Bradford will win the game and cover the start against a Harlequins team that tried hard last week, but I thought Huddersfield switched off at times. Harlequins continue to struggle, they have a lot of injuries and Bradford can make them pay.

Castleford v Crusaders (+8)
Crusaders had a good win at home last week but I did feel they struggled to get across the try line. They had a lot of ball against the Catalans and they only forced their way over once they were on top of the try line. Cas are solid at home and although they couldn't handle Wigan last week they can have too much in attack for Crusaders to handle. Take the Tigers to win and cover.

Warrington v Wakefield (+14)
Warrington played okay against Saints, they just came up with too many errors. If they hadn't had made those errors it would've been a much tighter game and that is very good form. Wakefield beat Salford in the last round but the City Reds were very poor. Wakefield can be a bit Jekyll and Hyde and I'm going to go for Warrington here. Lee Briers should return and they'll take heart from their display last week - back the Wolves to win and cover.

Wigan v Leeds (+6)
Amos Roberts is playing brilliantly at the moment, nobody can touch him and his only threat for leading try scorer will be Pat Richards! Leeds have some decent players returning this week including Kevin Sinfield and Danny Buderus and I think this will be tighter than people think. Leeds don't have a good record in this game though and that can continue against an in-form Warriors outfit. They're bubbling at the moment and can win and cover against the Rhinos.

Salford (+10) v Hull
Salford were terrible last week but they are a better side at home. Last week they made 400 tackles and in rugby league 300 is too many. The reasons for that are dropped ball and ill-discipline. I'm going to go for Hull as Sean Long can give them stability at half-back and Salford are just leaking too many points. Take Hull to win and cover.

Catalans v Hull KR (scratch)
Hull KR were very good against an under-strength Leeds last week and you've got to question why Catalans are losing so many - they're a better team on paper. Hull KR are a better team at the moment, though, and off scratch you've got to go with the in-form team. Hull KR can get the points here.

Huddersfield v St Helens
St Helens played well last week and took their opportunities and I just fancy them to win at the Galpharm. On the stats there's little between these two - line-breaks, missed tackles, tries etc.. and Huddersfield are ahead in some. The Giants are an emerging team with plenty of speed. I do fancy Saints, though, to build on last week's win and off scratch they are the bet.

GeoffN

Re: How good is agent Millward

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra wrote:How good is Agent Millward at Super League?

Any thoughts on his predictions.

IMO, I think Huddersfield can be a bogey team against Stains, and will win a close game.

Bradford v Harlequins (+20)
Bradford weren't great last week but Matt Orford returns on Friday and he makes an enormous difference. I think Bradford will win the game and cover the start against a Harlequins team that tried hard last week, but I thought Huddersfield switched off at times. Harlequins continue to struggle, they have a lot of injuries and Bradford can make them pay.

Castleford v Crusaders (+8)
Crusaders had a good win at home last week but I did feel they struggled to get across the try line. They had a lot of ball against the Catalans and they only forced their way over once they were on top of the try line. Cas are solid at home and although they couldn't handle Wigan last week they can have too much in attack for Crusaders to handle. Take the Tigers to win and cover.

Warrington v Wakefield (+14)
Warrington played okay against Saints, they just came up with too many errors. If they hadn't had made those errors it would've been a much tighter game and that is very good form. Wakefield beat Salford in the last round but the City Reds were very poor. Wakefield can be a bit Jekyll and Hyde and I'm going to go for Warrington here. Lee Briers should return and they'll take heart from their display last week - back the Wolves to win and cover.

Wigan v Leeds (+6)
Amos Roberts is playing brilliantly at the moment, nobody can touch him and his only threat for leading try scorer will be Pat Richards! Leeds have some decent players returning this week including Kevin Sinfield and Danny Buderus and I think this will be tighter than people think. Leeds don't have a good record in this game though and that can continue against an in-form Warriors outfit. They're bubbling at the moment and can win and cover against the Rhinos.

Salford (+10) v Hull
Salford were terrible last week but they are a better side at home. Last week they made 400 tackles and in rugby league 300 is too many. The reasons for that are dropped ball and ill-discipline. I'm going to go for Hull as Sean Long can give them stability at half-back and Salford are just leaking too many points. Take Hull to win and cover.

Catalans v Hull KR (scratch)
Hull KR were very good against an under-strength Leeds last week and you've got to question why Catalans are losing so many - they're a better team on paper. Hull KR are a better team at the moment, though, and off scratch you've got to go with the in-form team. Hull KR can get the points here.

Huddersfield v St Helens
St Helens played well last week and took their opportunities and I just fancy them to win at the Galpharm. On the stats there's little between these two - line-breaks, missed tackles, tries etc.. and Huddersfield are ahead in some. The Giants are an emerging team with plenty of speed. I do fancy Saints, though, to build on last week's win and off scratch they are the bet.
I agree with most of those, but I've a sneaking feeling (or maybe just wishful thinking!) that Huddersfield will turn Saints over.