NRL - Tigers v Eels

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

NRL - Tigers v Eels

Post by josie andrews »

West Tigers 23 Parramatta Eels 12

Fantastic game, Lote Tuquiri scored a fantastic try on the line & to quote the commentator, "What a fantastic try from a Robbie Farah pass to Tuqiri. Both legs arms & hair all in the air as he put the ball down one handed".

Just before half time the clock was stopped for a blood injury & when the ref blew the whistle for the restart, quick thinking Benji Marshall immediately kicked a cheeky 40 metre drop goal when none of the Eels players had got back in position.

Benji Marshall ran 80 metres to score a try on the 77th minute but was too tired to kick the conversion.

Gareth Ellis again played a great game, as did Mark Flanagan.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Eclipse

Re: NRL - Tigers v Eels

Post by The Eclipse »

Ellis was very good but i was shocked by how good Flanagan was, defensively he was outstanding, he was smashing blokes twice his size (Moimoi & Poore).
His work rate was high and his attacking game is coming on nicely, he made one great break off an Ellis pass where he pushed off Hindy and then a nice bit of skill for Benji's try under the posts.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Flash was an underrated player when he was with us and he has just upped his game since moving to the Tigers. I couldn't believe how many tackles he made & how hard they were :)

Really pleased for him, but sad we had to lose him :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Simply proves that young players need to be given the opportunity.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Simply proves that young players need to be given the opportunity.
Exactly. It always bemused me, given that Nobby signed him, why he didn't get more opportunity.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Simply proves that young players need to be given the opportunity.
Exactly. It always bemused me, given that Nobby signed him, why he didn't get more opportunity.
Flash would have been the ideal back up at 6, 13 or even 9.
A very vesatile player.