Adrian Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dancer

Adrian Lam

Post by dancer »

I want to see him given a nother 12 month contract. He is without doubt the best scrum half running around in Super League. Even at 35 next season he is still worth his weight in gold. Scrum halves of his style are a dying breed, people like him Andy gregory, Allan Langer, Ricky Stuart, there isnt any more of these type of halves around anymore. Modern half backs are all about pace, he is old school, by that I mean he relies on his brain and ball skills to open up defences. That is why he is worth another season, he doesnt rely on pace like most modern day half backs. Most people will say no its time he hung up his boots, he isnt worth the money. ,Well I say he is worth every penny, he showed tonight the he hasnt lost anythin, hes still as sharp as ever and his fitness is amazing. And you cant say hes injury prone, yes he had that bad injury last year, and hes missed a few games this season with a knee injury but its been nothing serious this time around and hes back playing aswel as ever. Danny Orr has stated that he would love Lam to play another season, because he can learn so much off the guy. It will be a sad day day when he retires, because the game has changed and there isnt anyone in the same mold coming through.
wolftown warrior

Re: Adrian Lam

Post by wolftown warrior »

i agree.. i don`t need convincing!!! the only problem people will have is the 35 tag..

he was bloody great last night though..

and i would agree is far and away the best 7 in super league.. by a country mile...

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think we pay him too much though and can as you mention... the 35 tag... it takes longer and longer to recover from injuries.
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

i don`t think he is that injury riddled, he did however have a couple of serious injuries, & his age is no doubt the question when it comes to recovering..

my point is though, if we don`t pick up another scrum half before next season, we should re sign him.. even if we plan to play, orr/locky.. orr/brown.. or orr/ whomever else.. he is to classy a player to just discard and not replace properly..

if this was a money saving exercise, we should keep him...that is if he wants to stay.. he may want to call it a day next season..