Liam Colbon - Suspected fractured jaw

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Liam Colbon - Suspected fractured jaw

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Hull KR coach Justin Morgan on a facial injury to Liam Colbon:
"Liam was knocked out and has a suspected broken jaw and he was in a pretty bad way when the medical team took him away.

"He's been taken to hospital and is in the capable hands of the medical team. I only saw the incident live but I know it was put on report so the RFL will have a look at that.

"Hopefully, he will be okay. It was a case of too little too late here in France."
cpwigan

Re: Liam Colbon - Suspected fractured jaw

Post by cpwigan »

Great pity. Decent person and Hull KR has worked out well for him.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Great pity. Decent person and Hull KR has worked out well for him.
I havnt seen any footage, but by the way Justin Morgan is sounding, he feels it was illegal.
Colbon has been one of the stand out players for KR this season from what clips I have seen.
As you say, great pity.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... tlead.html
Hull KR winger Liam Colbon has undergone surgery after breaking his jaw in Saturday's 16-10 Engage Super League defeat by Catalans Dragons at Stade Gilbert Brutus.

The 25-year-old former Wigan player suffered the injury in the build-up to Rovers' second try by Kris Welham in the closing stages and, after being concussed, was taken off on a stretcher.

Colbon was taken to a local hospital in Perpignan and kept in overnight but was released on Sunday morning after being cleared to return to England with his team-mates. The break was later confirmed and an operation carried out but the length of his lay-off has yet to be determined.