Teams for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Teams for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors 19 Man Squad

Roberts, Gleeson, Carmont, Richards, S Tomkins, Leuluai, Fielden, Coley, J Tomkins, O'Loughlin, Prescott, McIlorum, Bailey, Paleaaesina, Deacon, O'Carroll, Mossop, Goulding, Farrell

St Helens 19 Man Squad

Gardner, Gidley, Meli, Pryce, Eastmond, Fozzard, Cunningham, Graham, Puletua, Wilkin, Flannery, Roby, Hargreaves, Moore, Clough, Ashurst, Wheeler, Dixon, Fa'asavalu.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Teams for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan are without hooker Mark Riddell who has been ruled out with a hamstring injury
Convenient how Piglet is injured again when it a big game is due - same for Warrington game :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

mickw wrote:must be a worry over sam if deacons back in,no phelps again .i get the feeling sams not gonna make it.
More likely because of Riddell being out I think. Sam will be there hopefully, with Deacs in to replace Tommy when he moves to 9.
Well that's what I would do if I was in this situation.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

mickw wrote:must be a worry over sam if deacons back in,no phelps again .i get the feeling sams not gonna make it.
surely Deacs is in because Riddell is injured????
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

josie andrews wrote:
Wigan are without hooker Mark Riddell who has been ruled out with a hamstring injury
Convenient how Piglet is injured again when it a big game is due - same for Warrington game :sly:
Strange thing to say Josie. :eh:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
botica

Post by botica »

Two of my FB friends in St H stating line too... Oh dear :D

Bit of good banter i hope after the game
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Thats's not as bad as I feared, just Riddell & Phelps out.

Starting 13 is fairly straightforward

Roberts
Goulding
Gleeson
Carmont
Richards

Sam T
Leuluai

Fielden
McIlorum
Coley
Tomkins
Mossop
Lockers

Now the question is, do we go with Deacon or Lockers in the halves when TL goes to hooker, or even play Macca for the full 80. Deacs hasn't even had a run out in the reserves since Bradford, where he was less than impressive. For this game, and the likely pitch conditions, I'd be tempted to go with 4 forwards on the bench:

Feca
Prescott
Bailey
Farrell

Play McIlorum for as long as possible, then TL to hooker, Lockers to half back.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A big call and it will not happen but I think Liam Farrell could do a very good job at 9.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:A big call and it will not happen but I think Liam Farrell could do a very good job at 9.
I'd like to see that eventually, but this isn't the match for that experiment! I hope he plays though, I've always been impressed with his handling, especially in wet conditions.
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Feka in !

That is a surprise, although if heavy going then that will be a leveller so should suit him i suppose

Hope deacons kicking game is spot on,
I reckon the inclusion of Feka in the 19 is a precaution incase Coley doesn't make it because I didn't think he would make this game seeing how badly he was limping at full time v Leeds