Best Wigan support

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Best Wigan support

Post by cpwigan »

In a long time. We have been very quiet recently but the fans were great today.

Just a question, what time did people get to St Helens and into the ground. Parked up 90+ minutes before kick off and when I got into the dump our end was already packed.
GeoffN

Re: Best Wigan support

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:In a long time. We have been very quiet recently but the fans were great today.

Just a question, what time did people get to St Helens and into the ground. Parked up 90+ minutes before kick off and when I got into the dump our end was already packed.
About 10 mins before KO, but we had seats.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I went through the turnstiles when they opened at 12.30 :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Parked up at 1pm at DLS school got in for 1:15 midway through the hull derby first half. was at least 1,000 wiganers already in!

It's a shame though becase there could have at least been another 300 or so in our end quite spcious where i was stood but thats H&S laws for you.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

breakfast in the moon arrived at shit helens about 12 ,a couplein the black bull ,then on the ground.

wee to the Ben Johnton got served bt terry newton ,who claimed his tckle on Longwasa accident ,did the chippy then goose green for a couple gothome ad watched teh match again ,great day apart from the usual 1 or 2 idiots glad has a group of fans we sorted them all out though ,we need to name and shame these young idiots ,if u see them drinking report them the police or stewards ,downing a bottle of vodk in 1 is allways asking 4 trouble who ever u r
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

mickw wrote:interesting to seehow many are on on monday,should be decent and a party atmosphere.
yeah the worrying thing is that after a hard game v saints we could lose this and warrington play hull who had a hard game v rovers, after they only played salford. Our dream easter could come to an end with wire going top. This is a must win because I can see Wire beating hull by 20. Hope I'm wrong of course.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Wire are a genuine rival this season. Both ourselves and Wire are ready to challenge Saints and Leeds. Hull are some way off IMO.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:I think Wire are a genuine rival this season. Both ourselves and Wire are ready to challenge Saints and Leeds. Hull are some way off IMO.
Hull, with the players that they have got, should be much better than they actually are. With Agar in charge it is so reminiscent of Noble at Wigan and Cullen at Warrington. They need a new top quality coach to take them onto that next level (I saw yesterday though that they have foolishly given Agar a new 2 year deal).
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The best coaches at the moment will always have current / very recent NRL know how. If for example Wigan want Shaun Wane to be their next coach, in the year preceeding his appointment he should spend 6 months + with a top NRL club (Melbourne) I fully agree with the previous post, young British coaches need to be sent to the NRL as much as possible.

N.B Whether they are British, Australian, NZ etc. They have to have CURRENT NRL knowledge. An Australian who does not have it will be just as bad as a Brit who does not have it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

after witnessing what madge has done in a short time with us and nathan brown at hudds aswell the standard of the english coaches has got to be a concern. the rugby league should identify coaching talent and maybe send em down under to learn their trade because we`re falling miles behind.
they should you are right but can you see these wallies doing anything to help or promote our game.

They're like politicians - in it for what THEY can get out of it not bothered about the masses :(

:lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan