Boxing Thread

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
gpartin

Boxing Thread

Post by gpartin »

One word.. WOW!

watch it
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Re: Haye V Ruiz

Post by cpwigan »

The heavyweight scene needed Haye. Thankfully he is delivering big time.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Yeah totally. He's growing on me. Was a big fan of Enzo Maccarrinelli and Haye destroyed him so It took me a while to forgive him for it lol.

Roy Jones Jr V Bernard Hopkins up next. Wonder if Jones will do better than he did in his last fight?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-vbITR4RDI[/youtube]
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The fight in general was a good fight and didn't look like a heavyweight clash more light heavy

Haye looks the real deal but to beat the ivan drago twins he needs to shore up his defence. Ruiz had a 56% knock out ratio, no doubt he hits hard but not as hard or as accurate as the klitchcos, he will need his speed to work his way around the (semi illegal) jab they both use.

All in all a good watch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From memory one of the Klitches is not as good as the other.
Wigan_forever1985

They each have different qualities cp.

Vitali - he's regarded as the better of the 2 has an iron chin but is slower, older and less inventive but probably packs the heavier blow

Wladamir - younger, and in my mind a more skilled "boxer" however he has been put down in the past and is probably easier to catch but much be said he isn't glass chinned himself

I think they both pose equal danger to Haye, i think Vitali is probably the harder of the 2 even taking he age into account but neither of them are push overs.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Totally agree with Wiganforever, good analysis. The problem is for Haye that he's going into each fight heavier than in the previous and although his speed surprised me last night he'll need more speed against wlad and probably more power against Vitali. He said his shots would have been hard enough to knock either of them out, doubtful, but connecting those kind of shots on either of them isn't easy anyway. Bernard hopkins fight was as boring as his fights normally are with the usual gamesmanship.

Wigan_forever1985

incidently gp did you catch the under card groves?, hes been calling out James de Gale who reckons he is too good to fight him, but on that showing i think he would beat De Gale without little effort
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am glad Haye has knocked Hopkins back. I like BHop but jeez his fights are now very boring.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:I am glad Haye has knocked Hopkins back. I like BHop but jeez his fights are now very boring.
yeah he needs to call it a day. WF I have seen groves before but not really seen enough of James DeGale to judge. All the DeGale fights I've seen have been really quick affairs where I couldn't really judge the quality of the opponent. Groves seems good to me and nothing I have seen from DeGale would trouble him but as I say thats not much.