Castleford fans criticised

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Castleford fans criticised

Post by cpwigan »

Homophobic abuse re Gareth Thomas
Leyther Pie

Re: Castleford fans criticised

Post by Leyther Pie »

cpwigan wrote:Homophobic abuse re Gareth Thomas
Would not be surprised. When watching his first game (streamed on the net) there were quite a lot of homophobic jokes being made about him on the chat feature - not needed in our game.

It always disgusts me when you get fans abusing players for having different coloured skin/sexual preference etc.

Had to laugh at his response though - some one called him gay and he felt like turning around and saying "i f***ing know". :lol:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Leyther Pie wrote:
Would not be surprised. When watching his first game (streamed on the net) there were quite a lot of homophobic jokes being made about him on the chat feature - not needed in our game.

It always disgusts me when you get fans abusing players for having different coloured skin/sexual preference etc.

Had to laugh at his response though - some one called him gay and he felt like turning around and saying "i f***ing know". :lol:
Were you watcing on Stusports?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

All it shows is a lack of intelligence, fact
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

gpartin wrote:
Leyther Pie wrote:

Yeah i was and a lot of it got deleted right away thanks to the good work of the mods. I tend to turn the chat off coz its seems to make my stream jumpy.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Leyther Pie wrote:
gpartin wrote:
Leyther Pie wrote: Would not be surprised. When watching his first game (streamed on the net) there were quite a lot of homophobic jokes being made about him on the chat feature - not needed in our game.

Yeah i was and a lot of it got deleted right away thanks to the good work of the mods. I tend to turn the chat off coz its seems to make my stream jumpy.
Good. I'm a mod on there and although I wasn't there for this game we usually stop things like that pretty quickly. There's no link between the chat and the quality of the stream at all on Justin they're on separate servers although I sometimes turn mine off if its quiet because it can be a bit distracting. If you have problems with the stream being jumpy he also streams on Freedocast and it tends to be a bit better for those who have problems with quality on Justin.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

gpartin wrote:
Leyther Pie wrote:
gpartin wrote: Were you watcing on Stusports?
Good. I'm a mod on there and although I wasn't there for this game we usually stop things like that pretty quickly. There's no link between the chat and the quality of the stream at all on Justin they're on separate servers although I sometimes turn mine off if its quiet because it can be a bit distracting. If you have problems with the stream being jumpy he also streams on Freedocast and it tends to be a bit better for those who have problems with quality on Justin.
Cheers might try that at some point.
Wigan_forever1985

Tell you what though if any of those cowards have the guts to go up to GT and called him derogartory stuff to his face then fair play but my bet is they'd rather shout it from the stands like the little snotbags they are.

I always think way too much is made out of racism and all the other ism's and phobics's there are but when its baltent abuse like that it really gets up my nose

we had a equality and diversity talk at work (i work for the NHS your lucky if you can say pass the black pen without being disciplined) and i found myself exploding half way through everyone having to "class" themselves and saying "are we all not just people??!, in my eyes there are two types of person in the world, people who are nice, and people who are d'[]heads, why dont we reclassify everyone as mauve and then no-ones different?!?"

i wasn't invited to one of those talks again lol
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Tell you what though if any of those cowards have the guts to go up to GT and called him derogartory stuff to his face then fair play but my bet is they'd rather shout it from the stands like the little snotbags they are.

I always think way too much is made out of racism and all the other ism's and phobics's there are but when its baltent abuse like that it really gets up my nose

we had a equality and diversity talk at work (i work for the NHS your lucky if you can say pass the black pen without being disciplined) and i found myself exploding half way through everyone having to "class" themselves and saying "are we all not just people??!, in my eyes there are two types of person in the world, people who are nice, and people who are d'[]heads, why dont we reclassify everyone as mauve and then no-ones different?!?"

i wasn't invited to one of those talks again lol

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

I did once hear in the East stand V Huddersfield a bloke behind me shout "Crabtree you've got hair like a girl, but I wouldn't tell you to your face 'cause your a big Bu***r"
Which I found both honest and amusing.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wigan_forever1985

lol, i saw a skinhead once in a park punch a black lad while shouting racist abuse at him, i wanted to go over but happened quite quickly and the lad had 10 of his cronnies lurking in the background luckily the lad had sense to walk off but i remember thinkin to myself at the time wouldn;t it just be brilliant if david haye was behind him just tapped him on the should and say "what you say about blacks mate?" i would of loved it!

Trouble is more often than not the bullies get waway with it