First Driving Lesson

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Re: First Driving Lesson

Post by josie andrews »

I was 17 for my first lesson I was taken round Leigh when everyone was going home from work!!

I was okay all the way from Wigan until I got to The Avenue!

If any of you are familiar with that road, you will know that there is a small roundabout on it. It isn't as small now as it used to be, (at least it seemed smaller back then)!

It has five streets going off this roundabout, two were no entry. I had to drive all the way round to the fourth exit.

I'm sure you can gather that I didn't make it to the fourth!! I only got to & went down the third..... it was the second of the two no entry exits!

Cars started pipping horns, there wasn't road rage then, they just kept waving at me ????

I did a good reverse action tho & managed to turn round & got down the fourth exit. Phew!! Homeward bound.

I now go down that road on a regular basis to the hospital & I've never had any trouble since ????

Failed my first test & never drove again until I went for my second (my late husband booked it unbeknown to me, he had that much confidence in me!!) four months later.

I passed with flying colours ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan