Salary Cap Mystery???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Salary Cap Mystery???

Post by MrsLam »

Pees me off that too.
I don't know if I've said this before but I really don't think the youngsters should be involved in this rule. A lot of the class acts in rugby league trace back to wigan in some way whethers its St Judes, St Pats or playing for our under 18s/21s, tis pointless us training them up, watching them grow into absolutely brilliant full backs (:() and then letting them punish us for the next 15 years.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Yeah. The obvious answer is to bring back Alliance teams, which would
(a) allow players to ease back into the 1st team after injury
(b) provide a player base for replacing injured players
(c) Allow a lower basic salary (below £20k), boosted where necessary by appearance money.
(d) Provide motivation for players to keep their place (or earn a place ) in the 1st team - effectively promotion/relegation for players.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

MrsLam posted:
Pees me off that too.
I don't know if I've said this before but I really don't think the youngsters should be involved in this rule. A lot of the class acts in rugby league trace back to wigan in some way whethers its St Judes, St Pats or playing for our under 18s/21s, tis pointless us training them up, watching them grow into absolutely brilliant full backs (:() and then letting them punish us for the next 15 years.
MrsLam, do not think a top grade rugby league career is 15 years these days the bashing the players bodies have to take.
One think has always struck me when watching the Aussie RL on Sky and that is when a player scores a try, apart from the very top players who appear in their international sides, their this seasons total is usually a high proportion of their lifetime total and if you try and calculate how long most of them have been playing it seems 3/4 years at the very most, their must be far more pressure on players in Oz and if so many of their players who are not quite top notch were not able to come over here there would be even more wholesale slaughter of the average Aussie rugby league career. :conf:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.