booing fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
leeh2101

booing fans

Post by leeh2101 »

the fans at the end who booed the team of i mean come on get a life
cpwigan

Re: booing fans

Post by cpwigan »

Why? they are entitled to do so. The crowd was cheering, encouraging during the game. I was more saddened by the fans not going straight into a minutes silence after the last post than some booing.

Tonight was a PR disaster and a fabulous night for the 20 Quins fans in the East Stand.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

leeh2101 wrote:the fans at the end who booed the team of i mean come on get a life
There weren't many, I don't think, I was more annoyed by those in the South Stand during the minute's silence.

Edit: Snap!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:) Geoff

It was embarassing and who in their right mind wants to cheer or shout after the Last Post which is so emotive and sombre.
leeh2101

Post by leeh2101 »

i agree about the minute silence also but i dont agree with the booers fans should support the team through the good and bad
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

think therre was a mix up with the last post,but booing we r top of the leahue and all entitled to a bad day at the office ,and we did have several 5-6 first team players out
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

I could hear the booing on my way out half way down the east and the chant sounded like "what a load of rubbish". *yes i left 5 mins early to catch the bus*

Think people have a short memory of the last 3/4 seasons...poor performance tonight, but remember how much was made in the media when Leeds had 7/8 starting players out against us.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
RJ

Post by RJ »

Shameful behaviour at Last Post. Whoever they are they are a disgrace to the club and the game. The idiot who kept banging the drum when the army band was playing deserves a kick up the backside as well.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

The noise caused by a minority during the minutes silence was an absolute disgrace, this was supposed to be an opportunity to pay respect to those who have sadly lost their lives in conflict.

Sadly it was ruined by idiots, there was no excuse as the announcement given stated a minutes silence would follow the last post. The thought that relatives & friends of loved ones may have been there tonight and heard that makes me so annoyed.

Maybe it's time for the club to do something about these trouble makers, they're starting to give our club a bad name.
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

Maybe, just maybe, they didn't hear the announcement and thought the reflective/rememberance period was over after the bugle and made an innocent mistake. After all, silence was resumed after about 20 seconds, and generally minutes silences are well respected at home games.

I guess the Quins are disrespectful thugs as well considering they started to clap and move around, before realising that there was a minutes silence to follow.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!