Mathers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Mathers

Post by gpartin »

Has it been announced anywhere that Mathers is leaving Warrington? According to his twitter he is.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Re: Mathers

Post by gpartin »

Cheers mate been ill for a bit and totally missed it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

like for like swap then

plus who follows Richard "leave me alone" Mathers on twitteR? :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Can't see where Mathers is going to play in Super League next year - most likely to go to a championship side?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Matthew wrote:Can't see where Mathers is going to play in Super League next year - most likely to go to a championship side?
i think leeds Carnegie would have him. I follow loads of rugby players on twitter anl its good to see what they're upto, who spends more time playing golf than training and who doesn't seem too worried when their team lose.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew wrote:Can't see where Mathers is going to play in Super League next year - most likely to go to a championship side?
I can't think of any SL sides where he'd be an improvement over who they've already got at fullback.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Is mathers capable of playing anywhere other than at fullback? I'd have thought that the ability to catch a high ball under zero pressure and make one on one tackles would have to be prerequisites for a fullback and he can't do either very well.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gpartin wrote:Is mathers capable of playing anywhere other than at fullback? I'd have thought that the ability to catch a high ball under zero pressure and make one on one tackles would have to be prerequisites for a fullback and he can't do either very well.
Well, Nobby tried him at centre, and at stand off, IIRC, and he wasn't any better there. To be fair, he's pretty useful in attack, but as you say, his defence is woeful.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

GeoffN wrote:
I can't think of any SL sides where he'd be an improvement over who they've already got at fullback.
When I think about it neither can I. I would imagine though that he will always get a contract at Salford or Crusaders.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

hodgson going to wire ,i can smell a melbourne storm brewing here ,can the rfl not raid the wire offices because something is being hidden there
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME