Rise above it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lamisgod

Rise above it

Post by lamisgod »

I think that banter is critical within message boards, (i mean whoever heard of everbody getting on.. even the same fans!) whether be it your teams site or another, but unfortunatley you do get fools who rehearse a speech & proceed to lecture without remembering the old adage of "people in glass houses" & my particular fave "pot & kettle"...no sooner had "our friend" posted his/her/it's little rant but one of the saints players is front page news (st helen local rag granted), being investigated for doing something nasty, & apparantly not for the first time..i don't think i'll see any of the fans on this site proceeding onto a saints board to rant...i think i feel another saying coming on... :sly: :sly:
if football was ment to be played in the air, they'd build pitches in the Sky!

Brian Clough...
Fraggle

Re: Rise above it

Post by Fraggle »

lamisgod posted:
I think that banter is critical within message boards, (i mean whoever heard of everbody getting on.. even the same fans!) whether be it your teams site or another, but unfortunatley you do get fools who rehearse a speech & proceed to lecture without remembering the old adage of "people in glass houses" & my particular fave "pot & kettle"...no sooner had "our friend" posted his/her/it's little rant but one of the saints players is front page news (st helen local rag granted), being investigated for doing something nasty, & apparantly not for the first time..i don't think i'll see any of the fans on this site proceeding onto a saints board to rant...i think i feel another saying coming on... :sly: :sly:
Fair enough, but history has shown that what some people consider as banter can often turn into personal insults or blatent lies and potentially libellous statements which may even cause legal difficulties to Mike who runs the site. We would rather have good natured discussions and friendly banter on here rather than slanging matches, which we have succeeded in doing so for quite a long time, and for that reason deliberate wind-up messages, discussions about Latics and insulting rants against individuals (players or otherwise) are all things that will likely be blocked. The messages from Daz2712 are intended to provoke hostile reaction which some would want to respond to in the same way, include language which is not appropriate for a message board for people of all ages, and they contain some ideas that I am not comfortable with such as linking Pongia's and Gregory's illnesses which are lies at best and libellous at worst.

They seem less sensitive at www.rlfans.com, if people want to have pointless arguments with people like Daz2712 then they can go there to do so. But I don't think there's any place for that here. If Daz2712 wants to discuss Wigan RL in an adult fashion, then he's welcome to do so. If instead he just wants to wind people up, then I will continue to block his messages and suggest he goes elsewhere.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
lamisgod

Post by lamisgod »

Yep 100% agree, my interpretation of banter is 100% game based, and certainly not personalised..and just because people can't see our faces behind the messages we post does not give us the right to 'maliciously' abuse individuals to any extent..and anyone who loves & respects the game, should have enough respect for players/coaches of any team to know when not to cross the line...

please keep up the good work :D
if football was ment to be played in the air, they'd build pitches in the Sky!

Brian Clough...
Welski

Post by Welski »

As I said to the individual concerned it is pure cowardice.

He posts vitriolic comments from what he perceives is the safety and comfort of anonymity. I hope he realises that the written word in whatever format can be construed as libellous in the eyes of British law.

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League